Chapter 31

Jeonghan was coming to the conclusion that the last 2 weeks had been the slowest in the history of time.

He had enjoyed the promotional period in Japan with the members but also couldn't wait to go home. He had something he needed to do.

Joshua had caught Jeonghan before he had called Daena the day Seungkwan had almost convinced him to ask her to be his girlfriend over the phone and stopped him.

Initially Jeonghan was annoyed at Joshua for interfering and at Seungkwan for telling Joshua his plans in the first place.

But when Jeonghan calmed down enough to give Joshua a chance to explain he had simply said that it was something that should be done in person and made special. Something which Hoshi had agreed with profusely.

This was also the moment Jeonghan had realised that if he was going to have a relationship with Daena he was also going to have to put up with Joshua and Hoshi being all up in his business, well more than they were already.

Jeonghan had to agree with Joshua on this occasion, he was right. He needed to make this special. He hadn't felt this way about anyone before. His previous relationships had all been with other idols and had never really been traditional as that didn't fit with their lifestyles. In fact most of them ended because their schedules kept them apart the majority of the time. This wasn't something he regretted really, he hadn't been that invested in any of them. Until now he had never even considered dating a normal girl let alone dating seriously.

But dating in his line of work was always going to be difficult. A fact which each of the members knew all too well. The schedules didn't leave much time for dating, not to mention that there was an unspoken rule to not date publicly. Hence the previous relationships with other idols, both sides understood the need for some secrecy.

This time away had left Jeonghan with too much time to think and a lot of doubts about whether this would work. He felt guilty about putting Daena in a position where she couldn't talk about them openly or that he couldn't even take her for dinner like a normal couple. However whenever he started to think too hard about what the future held he would check his phone to find that Daena had either tried to call or sent him a message, almost like she knew what he was thinking and he would instantly be back to thinking it was worth a try.

Jeonghan was now sat in the back of a car that was headed back to the dorm, their flight having landed earlier that day. His leg was bouncing up and down with nervous energy.

Seungkwan sighed and rolled his eyes from the seat beside him. "Just go see her" he groaned exhausted by Jeonghan's constant ups and downs in mood on the trip.

The pair had shared a hotel room and Seungkwan secretly wanted Jeonghan out of the dorm as he needed a break from Jeonghan's incessant talking about Daena and what he should do.

Seungkwan had considered asking Jeonghan to pay him for the counselling and therapy he had provided over the last few weeks. After all it wasn't in his job description as the younger member.

"I can't, she's at work" Jeonghan sighed

"Doesn't Joshua have a key to her apartment?" Seungkwan asked.

"Yes, but I can't just let myself in" Jeonghan replied.

"Joshua does"

Jeonghan frowned at Seungkwan.

Seungkwan put his hands up in defence. "I'm just telling the truth"

"Fine, I know, but they have known each other their whole lives almost, I don't think we are there yet"

Seungkwan just nodded in response and pulled out his phone in an attempt to end the conversation.

"Shall I ask her what time she will be home?" Jeonghan asked.