Chapter 37

Jeonghan headed towards the practice room. He was exhausted and as a result extremely relieved that dance practice was the last thing on his schedule today.

It would never fail to amaze him just how many hours of work it took for the whole team to get the choreography perfectly in sync. But on the flip side it was worth it when all the hard work paid off and they got to show the fans the final performance.

His schedule was so packed he had barely had time to change between his individual shoot for the concept photos and the dance rehearsal.

He had almost reached the room when he heard his phone start to ring from his pocket.

He checked the caller ID and saw it was Joshua. He answered immediately.

"I know, I'm late I'm sorry, I'm here"

"No, I'm not calling about practice" Joshua said.

"Oh, what then?" Jeonghan asked confused.

"Don't go to practice, skip it"

"Skip practice? You are joking right?" Jeonghan exclaimed.

"No, I'm skipping, I told Hoshi and he wasn't happy but I promised to make it up by doing extra when I have breaks in my schedule" Joshua explained.

"Okay, why am I skipping?"

"Daena" Joshua said simply. "I'm an idiot"

Jeonghan raised an eyebrow at the sound of his girlfriends name, Joshua had done a great job so far of avoiding the subject of Jeonghan's relationship and it surprised him to hear Joshua bring her up.

"Well I'm not going to disagree with you but what have you done?" Jeonghan said leaning against the wall in the hallway while keeping one eye on the door to the practice room knowing sooner or later someone would come looking for him.

"Okay, don't get mad" Joshua said.

Jeonghan had never understood why people said things like that. Now he knew whatever Joshua said next was going to annoy him.

"Mm continue" he said

"I almost forgot... but we can save this if we work together. Its her birthday" Joshua explained

"What?!" Jeonghan exclaimed "She hasn't mentioned anything to me"

"I know... that's pretty standard for her, she would never mention it, listen I'm on my way to her apartment with dinner now I'm going to stall her so you can get something ready and surprise her" Joshua replied.

"Okay... like what though?" Jeonghan asked. This was too short notice and he had no idea what to do.

"I can't help you there, she's your girlfriend, has she mentioned anything that she might like?"

Jeonghan thought hard back through their conversations, suddenly he was hit with an idea.

"Can you get her to the Han river for around 9?" He asked.

"Sure, that will give us time to eat" Joshua replied.

"Okay see you then" Jeonghan said ending the call.

The next part was going to be the hard part. Jeonghan quickly walked to the practice room.

When he entered he saw not all the members were there yet.

"Soonyoung" he called from the doorway in an attempt to get Hoshi's attention.

Hoshi looked over at him and frowned.

Jeonghan beckoned him over.

Hoshi quickly crossed the room.

"Let me guess you are skipping too?" Hoshi asked immediately.