Chapter 43

Daena called her parents on her way home, but they didn't pick up. So she sent them a message asking them to call as soon as they could but she didn't hold out much hope. It was late evening in L.A and they might already be asleep.

When she had finally arrived home  she flopped down onto her couch and went over and over Seungcheol's offer in her head.

It was a rather strange way of apologising, to offer someone a job. She had to admit she was tempted. Before she had left the agency building Seungcheol had found her and handed her a pack detailing the role. The pay was much better than her teachers wage and to her surprise she had found she wouldn't even just be working directly with Seventeen but also with some of the other groups under the same label.

But she loved teaching, growing up it had been her dream job and she wasn't sure she was ready to give it up just yet.

Pulling her phone from her pocket she decided to text Leah and see if she could pop over for a chat. Leah's response came almost immediately.

'On my way'

Daena was about to message Joshua asking for his opinion on the matter when her phone started to ring in her hand.

It was her mom.

"Mom, finally" Daena breathed into the phone.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" Her mother asked the concern for her daughter clear in her voice.

"Yes.. maybe, I need some advice. Is Appa there?" She asked.

"Yes love, you are on speaker we can both hear you" her mother replied.

Daena proceeded to tell them all about the job offer and Jeonghan in a rush while her parents listened intently. When she had finished explaining her mother finally spoke.

"Hold on, you have a boyfriend?" Her mother asked.

Daena realised she hadn't actually told her parents about Jeonghan yet.

"Oh... yes, sorry I have been meaning to tell you" She mumbled.

"Let me get this straight, so you have a boyfriend, it's not Joshua but he works with Joshua and now they want you to work with them too?" Her mother queried.

Daena could hear her father grumble at her mother down the phone.

"Don't make this about Joshua again" he moaned.

"Sorry no, I didn't mean it like that. I'm just trying to understand" her mother explained apologising.

"It's okay, I understood Mom"

"Love, do you want to work at this company? It does sound like a wonderful opportunity" her father suddenly asked.

Daena hesitated. "I'm not sure. I love my job. But like you said this is a really good opportunity, I'll even get to travel the world"

"Darling we just want you to do whatever makes you happy. If this job will make you happier take it. If teaching makes you happy then keep teaching" her father replied.

Daena frowned. When she had approached her parents about moving to Korea they had been all for the idea and practically packed her bags for her. Now they didn't seem to want to have an input in this decision.

"Just think about it for a while before you decide. They said there was no rush didn't they?" Her mother asked.

"Yeah, I have a while to decide" Daena sighed.

"Well there you go. Maybe talk it over with your boyfriend. Speaking of this boyfriend when can we meet him?" Her mother asked excitedly.

"Oh.. umm I hadn't really thought about it. I'll... I'll speak to him" Daena stuttered.