Chapter 36

Daena sat in her empty classroom. Her students had left for the day nearly half an hour earlier but Daena remained.

On days where she knew Jeonghan and the rest of the members had a schedule she tended to work late. This gave her the opportunity to finish earlier on the days they didn't and she could visit.

Her mind wasn't on her work today though. Seventeen's comeback was now only a month away and preparation was in full swing. So much so that she really hadn't seen the members much recently.

Jeonghan had visited after practice a few times but had been so exhausted he had fallen asleep on the couch almost immediately.

Daena hated disturbing his rest but when it got too late she would usually wake him up and send him back to the dorm. She wasn't quite ready to let him sleepover yet. Their relationship was still relatively new.

Daena had tried asking Jeonghan numerous times over the past few weeks if things had been smoothed over between himself and Hoshi now.  She hated seeing them like that and even more so hated that she had something to do with causing it. But Jeonghan had brushed the question off quickly everytime claiming it wasn't even worth discussing. She had only managed to relax about the situation after giving in and calling Hoshi himself who confirmed things were fine and she didn't need to worry.

Daena realised she had been staring blankly at her laptop and started trying to work again. Only for her mind to wander off again.

She had a feeling she wasn't going to get anything done so instead closed her laptop and leant back in her chair.

She checked her phone for what felt like the hundredth time today. Nothing, no messages or calls.

Daena sighed loudly. She expected at least something, especially from her parents. She was starting to think everyone had forgotten.

Dejected she packed up her things and started to head home. As soon as she was in the hallway she heard someone call her name.

Turning she found Leah running down the hall towards her.

"Daena, oh my god, thank god I caught you" Leah said when she finally reached Daena, struggling to get the words out in between pants.

"You need to work out more if that was enough to wear you out" Daena laughed.

"Hey! I work out plenty" Leah complained.

Leah reached into her bag and pulled out a small box wrapped in a delicate ribbon. "Here" she said thrusting it into Daena's hands.

Daena stared down at the box in confusion. "What is this?" She asked.

"Open it" Leah replied bouncing up and down with excitement.

Daena removed the lid from the box to reveal a small keychain. She lifted it from the box and held it in front of her face to get a good look.

The keychain was formed in the shape of the letter D and made out of a clear resin filled with many small daisies.

"It's beautiful, thank you Leah" Daena gushed. "Daisies are my favourite"

"I know" beamed Leah "and your birth flower right?"

"Yes, how did you know?" Daena asked.

"I have my ways, Happy Birthday by the way" Leah said pulling Daena into a tight hug.

A tear of happiness threatened to escape but Daena quickly wiped it away before Leah could see.

She really had thought no one had remembered her birthday and was planning on letting it pass without much fuss.