Chapter 62

Daena jumped when she heard the door to her classroom open.

She looked up from her laptop to see who had entered.

"Jesus Leah, you always make me jump" she exclaimed, although she was relieved to see it was her friend and not someone else.

"What are you still doing here?" Leah asked.

"Hmm" Daena hummed in reply but she looked up at the clock on the wall.

"Oh it's later than I thought" Daena said gathering her papers and starting to pack them away.

"It's almost 7pm. Your class has been out for hours" Leah remarked with her hand on her hip.

"I know, I had a lot to do though" Daena groaned running a hand through her hair.

"Why are you still here?" Daena asked Leah.

"Me? I supervised the extra tuition class" Leah replied.

"Oh, yeah sorry I forgot" Daena said as she continued packing her things away.

"I came to check you had gone home, but here you are" Leah remarked gesturing at Daena.

"Well it's not like I need to hurry home" Daena mumbled in reply.

"Don't you want to see your man before he gets busy" Leah asked.

"Too late. Their comeback is only 2 weeks away. I barely see him at the minute" Daena sighed.

"Oh, yeah you said, sorry I forgot" Leah apologised. "But wait isn't it your anniversary?" Leah asked suddenly.

Daena closed her bag and slid the strap over her shoulder.

"Hmm?... oh yeah it is. 300 days" Daena replied quietly.

"And you won't see him?" Leah asked.

"No probably not" Daena sighed sadly. "He will probably call at some point though"

Leah looked at her with a small sad smile. "Maybe he will surprise you" She suggested with a shrug.

"I doubt it, anyway I'm gonna go home and grab some dinner, thanks for checking on me" Daena said. She patted Leah on the shoulder as she walked past.

-

Jeonghan tapped his foot impatiently.

"Just a few more guys, come on" Hoshi called from the front of the practice room.

Jeonghan pulled his phone from his pocket to check the time. 9pm. He groaned. He really wanted to get out of practice at a reasonable time but it wasn't looking like that was going to happen.

Joshua nudged him. "Just tell him, he will let you out of practice" he suggested.

"Are you joking? I don't want to fall behind" Jeonghan sighed.

Joshua shrugged. "Maybe he will let us all leave".

"That's why you want me to ask him" Jeonghan laughed.

"If you don't I will" Joshua said.

"Be my guest" Jeonghan said gesturing towards Hoshi.

Joshua groaned but walked away from Jeonghan towards Hoshi.

Jeonghan stood anxiously shifting his weight from side to side wondering if he should just text Daena and let her know he probably wouldn't be home tonight.

"Okay, just one more time from the top and then you can all go" Hoshi called suddenly.

Joshua walked back to his spot beside Jeonghan and gave him a thumbs up.