Chapter 25

Joshua sat on the floor of the practice room. He was watching Hoshi and the rest of the performance team rehearsing.

He checked his phone again. It had been almost glued to his hand since Daena had run out of the dorm the day before.

He'd called and messaged her and heard nothing back. So this morning he had gone to her apartment. When she hadn't opened the door after he had knocked for almost 5 minutes he let himself in.

She wasn't there. Her stuff was still there but he couldn't find her.

He had gone as far to give Jeonghan her number in the hope that maybe she would speak to him. But that had failed too. Hoshi had tried as well.

Joshua had started to worry after he went to her apartment and found her bed clearly not slept in.

He did the only other thing he could think of. He called his Mom, hoping she could speak to Daena's parents and find out where she was.

She also hadn't answered so he had messaged her explaining what had happened and had been waiting for her to call back ever since.

Joshua looked up and met Hoshi's eyes. Hoshi flashed him a reassuring smile.

Just then the door to the practice room swung open and Jeonghan stormed into the room.

He looked terrible, maybe even worse than Joshua. Joshua could tell he hadn't slept and his hair was a mess like he had been running his hands through it non stop.

Jeonghan slid down the wall and sat next to Joshua.

"Anything?" He asked, his voice tinged with worry.

"No" Joshua replied sadly.

Jeonghan dropped his head and looked at his feet.

"What if he did something?" He asked.

Joshua didn't have to ask what he meant. Jeonghan had got it into his head pretty quickly after Joshua had explained he didn't think Daena had gone home last night that the security guard she had gone on a date with was involved somehow.

Joshua on the other hand didn't even want to go there. Daena was fine. He just didn't know where she was.

Jeonghan turned his phone over in his hand and hit dial on Daena's number.

"Straight to voicemail" he said dropping it lightly on the floor next to him.

Joshua slung an arm around Jeonghan's shoulder. Strangely their shared worried over Daena for the last 24 hours had brought them even closer together.

Joshua's phone rang from his lap.

He picked it up and answered so quickly he barely had time to register who was calling.

"Mom?" He asked into the phone.

Jeonghan watched as Joshua spoke to his mother.

His expression changed multiple times throughout the call and Jeonghan only being able hear one side wasn't entirely sure what was happening.

Hoshi sat down in front of him. Clearly he also wanted to know what was going on.

"Thanks Mom" Joshua said finally ending the call.

Joshua looked up at Jeonghan and Hoshi who were watching him expectantly.

"She's fine" he said.

Both boys sighed loudly in relief.

"Where is she then?" Hoshi asked.

"L.A with her parents"

Joshua watched as Jeonghan started to message someone on his phone.