Chapter 79

Jeonghan sat on the floor of the practice room.

He looked around the room at the members and smiled. He had woken up that morning after his conversation with Joshua the day before and felt good for the first time in a while.

Although he had reached the decision reluctantly, moving on felt like the right thing to do. It was time for him to finally stop waiting for something to change, or for Daena to answer one of his calls.

He had resigned himself to the fact she wasn't coming back.

Now with a change of mindset he could look back on their time together and enjoy the memories rather than have every single one feel like a stab to the heart.

Of course he was still sad about the way things had ended. That hadnt changed.

S Coups walked over and sat on the ground beside him.

"You seem in a good mood today" he announced.

Jeonghan smiled at him. "Do I?"

"Yeah, you didn't even snap at DK when he bumped into you during rehearsal earlier" S Coups continued.

"It wasn't his fault" Jeonghan explained with a shrug.

"But you got mad at Mingyu when he did the same thing last week?" S Coups questioned.

"Mmm... maybe I'm just learning to take responsibility for my own actions" Jeonghan replied.

When he said this he was thinking about the last time he saw Daena and walked away from her. He finally had come to accept that he had blown his last chance to try and fix things between them.

S Coups nodded. "You seem like yourself again" he reached over and patted Jeonghan on the back as he said this.

"How long have I not seemed myself?" Jeonghan asked. The suggestion he had been different bothered him.

S Coups was about to answer when they were interuppted by a loud shout from across the room.

"No way!" yelled Hoshi.

Jeonghan watched as Hoshi bounced up and down with excitement while talking to Joshua.

"What do you think that's about?" Jeonghan asked.

"Honestly... with Hoshi it could be anything. He's very easily excited" S Coups said with a shrug.

Jeonghan continued to eye Joshua and Hoshi suspiciously.

He had already noticed that Joshua seemed especially happy today. Every time he looked at Joshua during practice he had found Joshua grinning back at him.

As he watched the pair he realised S Coups had been speaking to him but he hadn't really acknowledged what he was saying. That was until he said a word that snapped Jeonghan's attention back to him.

"What did you say?" Jeonghan asked, his tone slightly aggressive.

S Coups leaned back away from him slightly. "I said the only time those two ever look this happy is usually when Daena is involved"

Jeonghan narrowed his eyes at him. "I doubt it, I know she hasn't spoken to any of them since we saw her in America" he tried to sound uninterested as he said this.

S Coups saw right through him though. "Don't act like you don't care. You might have fooled them into thinking you are getting over it but I know better" S Coups leaned closer as he said this so no one would overhear.

"No. You don't. I am getting over it" Jeonghan said, his tone harsh. "Or a least I'm trying to" he said softer this time.

S Coups looked sad. "I'm sorry you got hurt. I did try to warn you" he replied.