Chapter 10

"I'm tired Jeonghan, why are you here?" Joshua moaned as soon as he saw Jeonghan on his bed.

Jeonghan didn't reply.

He just slowly sat up and turned to look at Joshua.

"I mean it Jeonghan, I just want to go to bed" Joshua said annoyance clear from his tone.

Jeonghan looked at Joshua and finally spoke.

"I came to see if you were okay, you were acting weird earlier" Jeonghan asked rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm fine, now let me shower and go to bed please" Joshua replied gesturing at the door.

Jeonghan got to his feet but remained where he was shuffling from side to side. He clearly wanted to ask something else.

"What Jeonghan" Joshua asked exasperated. Joshua wasn't the type to snap at people or get annoyed easily but tonight he had no patience.

Jeonghan sighed. "That girl" he said running his hand through his hair.

"Daena" Joshua replied.

"Yes, Daena, she's your old friend right?"

"Yes Jeonghan, I already told you this when she arrived, she's my friend from LA, I've known her practically my whole life"

Joshua was getting more annoyed by the minute. He couldn't understand why they were having this conversation. He had told all the members Daena was in Korea almost as soon as he had seen her for the first time.

"So she's the same friend from when we were trainees" Jeonghan muttered not quite asking a question more like he was stating a fact.

Joshua didn't respond and just continued to stare at Jeonghan.

Without any warning Jeonghan asked a question that left Joshua stunned.
"Do you still have feelings for her?"

"I... What... I" Joshua stammered unable to form a complete sentence.

"I said, do you still have feelings for her?" Jeonghan asked again.

"I... I'm not sure what you mean" Joshua replied.

Jeonghan sighed again. "I know you Joshua and I knew you just as well then, some days I had to convince you not to give up being a trainee to go back to LA, you always said it was because it was too hard, but I always had a feeling there was more to it and after seeing you today I'm pretty sure I'm right"

Joshua knew exactly what Jeonghan was talking about, back when they were trainees Joshua had relied heavily on Jeonghan and truly believe without him he wouldn't have made it to debut. Joshua loved all of his members but if he was honest Jeonghan was the member he was closest too.

It was just like Jeonghan had said some days Joshua had wanted to give up and go home and Jeonghan would always convince him to stay. What he never said were some of those days the reason he wanted to leave was because he thought he had made a mistake leaving Daena behind.

He had never told her and maybe never would but leaving was the hardest decision he had ever made. Back then the choice had felt like it was between following his dream or following his heart. Since Seventeen had debuted he had never really doubted his decision but ever since Daena had opened her door that first night he had visited her after she arrived he couldn't help but wonder if he could now have both.

Instead of explaining any of this to Jeonghan he simply replied "I don't know what your talking about"

Jeonghan tilted his head to the side and raised an eyebrow at Joshua.

"I'm tired Jeonghan and I'm really not in the mood for this" Joshua sighed as he moved to the other side of his room and grabbed a towel.

"Fine, I'll see you tomorrow" Jeonghan replied and left the room.

-

Jeonghan closed the door of his own room behind him and laid down on his bed.

He had really needed Joshua to give him an honest answer. He needed to know if Joshua still had feelings for Daena.

He needed to know because as crazy as it sounded and it sounded crazy, from the moment he had caught her and looked into her eyes he had trouble thinking about anything else.

He had never felt like this ever, sure he had tried dating over the years but as an idol it hadn't been easy and he had gotten to the point where he had just given up.

Jeonghan had immediately noticed Joshua's face from across the room as he had caught Daena and as quickly as Joshua had tried to hide it Jeonghan had caught the grimace that passed across Joshua's face.

Joshua hadn't answered Jeonghan but Jeonghan was pretty sure he knew the answer. Joshua definitely still had feelings for Daena.

The right thing for Jeonghan to do would be to stay away from her, to let Joshua do his thing and see if he had a shot with the girl he had been in love with for years.

However Jeonghan wasn't sure he was going to be able to stay away even for Joshua's sake.

He had to know what it was that had him feeling like his insides had been turned inside out.

Jeonghan had seen pictures of Daena before but they were all of her as an awkward teenager with Joshua.

She had grown into a beautiful woman and when she had looked up at Jeonghan with her big dark eyes Jeonghan was sure his heart had beat a little faster.

But now alone in his room he was trying to convince himself that he felt nothing. Because he didn't want to feel something for this girl. She was supposed to be Joshua's girl.