Chapter 42

Daena had to admit she hadn't hurried to the agency building. She had continued her journey to the coffee shop and ordered her favourite drink to go.

She had also walked relatively slowly trying to enjoy the city and just being outside now it was almost summer.

Jeonghan hadn't called or messaged to ask where she was so she didn't feel like she needed to rush. She was still a bit annoyed with him from the day before and his tone on the phone just now had confused her. He had been fine last night when he had come over to apologise, but now he sounded stressed.

As she walked her mind ran over every eventuality and before long she found herself standing in front of the agency building.

She was so in her head and distracted she didn't notice a person walking towards her until they bumped right into her knocking her coffee from her hand onto the floor.

The person muttered a sorry before continuing on their way. Daena felt like the voice was familiar but when she turned to see who it was they were already out of sight.

She sighed and picked up the now empty cup and threw it in a nearby trash can.

"Great" She muttered outloud. This day was not going well.

Annoyed now she decided to just get this over with and walked into the building with determination.

She looked over at the reception desk hoping to stop by and say hi to Minji but found it empty.

With no more excuses or ways to kill time she headed straight for the practice room Seventeen used regularly.

She opened the door, not really sure what she would find inside, Jeonghan hadn't specified in his call if it would be just him or all the members or just some.

Once to door was open and Daena stepped inside she found just Jeonghan sitting alone in the middle of the room looking at his phone.

"Hi" she said quietly from across the large room.

"What took you so long?" Jeonghan demanded standing and placing his hands on his hips.

"Sorry I got caught up" Daena explained vaguely remaining in her spot by the door. She felt awkward and unsure of what to do with herself. She would usually go straight to him but right now she wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do.

Jeonghan suddenly laughed "Why are you just standing there?" He asked.

Daena shrugged.

"Come here" he instructed.

Daena did as she was told and crossed the room until she was standing right in from of him.

Jeonghan suddenly reached out and pulled her into a tight hug. Daena felt her body tense up in surprise. This definitely wasn't what she expected.

"I missed you" Jeonghan mumbled into her hair before releasing her.

"It's only been a few hours" Daena chuckled before stopping suddenly when she remembered why she was here.

She crossed her arms "Why did you ask me to come here, you sounded so serious on the phone?" She asked.

Jeonghan slid his hands into the pockets of his dark grey sweatpants. "Ahh, yes sorry. I was trying not to spoil the surprise. I thought if I kept it short I wouldn't give it away"

Daena reached out and lightly slapped him across the chest. "I thought something bad had happened, like you were calling me to come here and end things with me after your conversation with the members this morning"

Jeonghan's eyes went wide. "Oh.. ohh.. no nothing like that" he removed one of his hands from his pockets and promptly took hold of Daena's hand. "No sorry, that conversation went fine, everyone agreed to stay out of it. I told you I would fix it"

"Did you fix it or did Joshua?" Daena asked.

Jeonghan released her hand and clutched his chest in mock pain. "I can't believe you would ask me that"

Daena laughed.

"But yes, it was mostly Joshua" Jeonghan admitted.

"Knew it" Daena replied. "Anyway what was that you said about a surprise?" She asked excitedly.

"Oh, I think you will like this, hang on" Jeonghan said pulling his phone from his pocket and quickly typing on it. "Give it a moment" he explained.

While they waited Daena and Jeonghan chatted casually until only a few moments later the door to the practice room opened and Daena saw S Coups step inside.

She turned to Jeonghan. "My surprise is S Coups?" She asked.

"No, but he has your surprise" Jeonghan replied beckoning S Coups over.

"Umm, hi S Coups" Daena said awkwardly when he reached them.

"Hi" he replied brightly before looking at Jeonghan.

"Great now you've said hello tell her why you are here" Jeonghan instructed.

S Coups looked down at his feet. "First, I want to apologise to you Daena, I shouldn't have said what I did and its not my place to get involved, I won't do it again" he muttered.

He looked up suddenly directly at Daena. "I... I don't want you to think I don't like you so I did something for you as an apology or a peace offering" he explained.

Jeonghan motioned for him to continue.

"It's your choice, there is no pressure. But it comes in two parts. First I have arranged for you to have the opportunity to join us to The States on our next world tour as a translator."

Daena's mouth dropped open. "I.. I don't know what to say. Thank you" She replied.

She didn't want to admit she had been secretly dreading Seventeen going on tour because it would be weeks or months that she would be unable to see them. This solved that for her.

"I know it might be a problem for you to arrange with work so thats where the second part comes in. If you want there is a job here for you as a translator. The agency is always looking for people to help with subtitles and you are more than qualified" S Coups explained.

Daena was speechless. She hadn't know what to expect but it wasn't a job offer.

"Anyway. I'll leave you guys to discuss it. Again I am really sorry Daena, I hope you can forgive me" S Coups said before leaving the room.

As soon as the door closed behind him Daena lowered herself to the floor and sat down in shock.

Jeonghan did the same and sat opposite her. "I know, it's a lot"

"Did you do this?" She asked.

"Actually no, after the conversation this morning he came to find me and told me he had made this happen as an apology. I had nothing to do with this" Jeonghan explained.

"Oh.. wow... that's one crazy apology" Daena stuttered.

Jeonghan leaned forwards and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. "Go home and think about it okay. You don't have to decide right now"

"Okay I will, I'll call you later?" Daena answered almost in auto pilot. She was having a hard time processing what had just happened.

"I'll call you" Jeonghan said.

Daena turned and headed to the door.
She had no idea what she was going to do. But she did know she needed to call her parents and then Leah. She was going to need some advice to make such a big decision.