Chapter 27

Joshua waved Daena off as she headed home. He could tell she was disappointed she hadn't had the opportunity to talk to Jeonghan as well.

Before she had left Joshua has watched as she knocked on Jeonghan's door one last time to check he definitely wasn't home. When she was met with silence she had simply frowned.

Joshua had promised to let Jeonghan know she was looking for him as soon as he saw him.

He had expected the conversation with Daena to go exactly the way it had. He'd known as soon as he saw her what she was going to say. What had surprised him was how little it hurt him. Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing but just reinforced the knowledge that maybe the feelings he thought he had for her weren't as genuine as they initally seemed.

A part of him was disappointed, not just at her decision but at his own reaction. He was in love with her once, but obviously that had passed now. He was just happy to have her in his life as his friend. He had meant everything he had said to her earlier. He wasn't going anywhere, this wasn't going to come between them.

He hoped it wouldn't come between him and Jeonghan but something told him if Daena and Jeonghan did end up together and Jeonghan broke her heart he wouldn't react well. This was something he needed to make clear to Jeonghan once Daena had spoken to him.

Joshua started to walk back to his room but was intercepted by Hoshi who beckoned him into his room.

When the door was closed behind him Hoshi finally spoke.

"Are you really okay with this Hyung?" He asked.

Joshua nodded. "I think so, I thought it would feel worse but I'm okay"

Hoshi tilted his head to the side and looked at Joshua intently. "You do seem okay"

"Really Soonyoung I am, I've known her a long time and I'm happy to just have her around again. Who knows if we had gone down that path that could have been the end of our friendship"

Hoshi nodded. "I see your point, but are you going to be okay seeing her with Jeonghan if that's what happens?"

Joshua frowned, he wasn't entirely sure of the answer. Part of him really didn't want to see them together. He shrugged before answering "If it makes them both happy then I'll be okay with it"

"I hope it doesn't end badly, that would be awkward, I care about them both" Hoshi whispered.

Joshua nudged him with an elbow. "Me too" he sighed before heading out of the room.

Joshua was going to head back to his room and rest. The day had been very draining but decided to swing by the kitchen to grab a snack first.

Joshua entered the kitchen and saw Jeonghan sitting on the counter looking at his phone.

"Jeonghan? What are you doing in here? I thought you were out" Joshua asked as he headed to the refrigerator to grab a snack.

"Me?" Jeonghan replied "No I've been here all day"

Joshua grabbed the snack he wanted and closed the refrigerator door before leaning against it.

"What do you mean all day? Hoshi said you were out?"

"Did he? No I've been here"

"But earlier when Daena was here she was looking for you, she knocked on your door"

Jeonghan shrugged at this. "Must have been asleep or something"

Joshua frowned at him.

"You should call her, she wanted to talk to you"