Chapter 66

Jeonghan sat on his bed staring at the wall opposite.

He hadn't really moved since Daena had ended their call moments before, instead he had sat replaying the conversation in his head over and over trying to work out where he went wrong.

The more he thought about it the more hurt and frustrated he felt.

He clenched his phone tightly in his hand.

His anger got the better of him and he launched his phone with all his might at the wall opposite him, watching as it shattered and fell to the floor.

He took some deep breaths and tried to calm himself down, but it didn't work and he felt his eyes start to prickle with tears.

He heard his door open and knew who it was without looking.

"What do you want?" He growled, snapping his head up.

Joshua stood in his doorway looking at the destroyed phone on the floor.

"What happened?" Joshua asked answering Jeonghan's question with one of his own.

"It broke" Jeonghan said with a shrug.

Joshua closed the door behind him and walked over to Jeonghan's desk before pulling out the chair and taking a seat.

"Are you okay?" Joshua asked quietly, concern clear in his voice.

"Do I look okay?" Jeonghan snapped, roughly wiping away a tear that had escaped before Joshua could see it.

"No, you don't, I... I'm sorry Jeonghan" Joshua said looking down.

"She called you then" Jeonghan mumbled.

"She did, she asked me to make sure you were okay" Joshua replied with a nod.

"Okay? After she broke up with me and hung up on me before I even had a chance to speak" Jeonghan growled.

He stood and started pacing back and forth.

"When we started dating everyone kept expressing their concern that I would break her heart. Guess you all never considered she might break mine" he snarled.

Joshua looked down at his lap. "I... I really didn't think she would do this. I know she's been in a really dark place since her dad but..." he trailed off.

Jeonghan sat back down.

"It will be okay Jeonghan, she will come around she just needs time" Joshua tried to reason.

Jeonghan didn't respond.

"Look at me Jeonghan" Joshua demanded.

Jeonghan continued looking at his feet, trying to keep it together.

"Jeonghan!" Joshua snapped.

"What!" Jeonghan snapped back.

"I said look at me" Joshua replied.

Jeonghan slowly raised his head to look at Joshua.

"I know her, she will get past this. It's just temporary, you need to give her time" Joshua explained.

"I was willing to give her all the time she needed" Jeonghan sighed. "But she broke up with me anyway"

"She's worried about leaving her mom, she needs to see her mom is fine for a while, why don't you guys just try it long distance for now, see how things go" Joshua suggested.

"I tried that, but she didn't want to hear it, as far as she is concerned she is never coming back so there is no way for us to be together" Jeonghan groaned.