𝟑𝟎 || 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭

SAGE DIAZ

Today is my first day of work again. I'm so excited, I walk into my office and see Miss Anderson, No Ace.

"Good morning." I smile as i give her a hug.

"I'm so happy to have you have, We all are." She patted me on the back and i felt relieved Ace wasn't here. Maybe he didn't take the offer? I would be happy for him if he got the job just we can't be around each other right now.

The door opened and everyone started walking that direction, My smile leaving my face. Is it him?

I turn around, It's Ace. He flashes his smile at everyone and everyone standing by his side. He walks in my direction and looks me up and down "Can we talk?"

My heart dropped after hearing his voice "Ace.. Not right now."

His hand plays with a strand of my hair "Please?"

I let out a deep breathe "Fine." I follow him into a different room and hope Xayden doesn't find out about this.

He closes the door behind him then walks towards me "Why are you ignoring me?"

"I- I cant say.." I mumble.

He scoffs "Really? We put our pasts behind us are you really bringing that up? Is that what you're mad about?"

I gasp "What? No of course not.. It's something that can hurt us both and i'm not risking it so you know what i guess we can't talk again."

"You don't want to talk to me again? Fine." He walks towards me backing me up against the wall.

"It's more than that, I can't." I push his chest.

"You can't or don't want to? I don't think anything will hurt us you just don't want to talk to me anymore, And you know what that's fine."

Hearing the words leave his mouth felt like i was being stabbed through the heart. That's fine.. Was it fine to him or was he just saying it? It hurt to imagine what.

"So looks like you didn't care about me all along huh?" I look down to the ground at our shoes.

"Hey, You were the one who suggested we stop talking, Not me." He took one last look at me then left, Leaving me in this dark empty room alone.

Part of me wanted to cry but i knew i couldn't, Everyone would notice and ask what's wrong or they'd think i'm ungrateful considering i just got my job back.

I take a deep breathe in then walk out of the room with a big fake smile. "So glad to have you back." My co worker shook my hand.

"Me too, So happy to be back." I lied.

I get a notification and look down at my phone.
Your doing good Sage.

Your ruining my life, Why are you doing this?
And how did you get those videos?

I put a camera in your bedroom. I never wanted you to be with him, Always me.
And i don't want to hurt you, I love you. It's just if you go be with him i'm going to have no other choice to leak the videos of you both fucking.

You do understand i work with him and live with him? I cant avoid him.

You don't have to babe, Just don't be with him or touch him, Or even be his friend. You can fake be together for your work life, Bringing that money for us. But nothing else.
Love you.

My eyes get glossy so i just look up hoping they won't drop. I get my sleeve and wipe under my eye.

Miss Anderson grabs my hand and takes me to Ace "So what about a dinner at your guys place this afternoon?"

Ace looks at me with no emotion and relies on me to answer for him "Great. That would be a lot of fun."

"Fun, Okay i'll get my chief to make all the food and we'll bring it over." Miss Anderson nodded then left us alone in the office.

Everything suddenly goes silent and i don't know what to say in this awkward silence.

"So, You're coming home?" He questioned.

"Well i think it's okay if we live together." I shrug.

"Yeah just don't talk to me and i'll be fine." He said in his dark deep italian accent that made me want to kiss him so bad, Hearing the words slip off his tongue hurt me. I never new we would be back at the start.

"I'm sorry Ace." I grab his wrist and apologise.

He looked me up and down and bit onto his bottom lip "Don't say that."

I let go and he walks away, Leaving me alone in my mind fog.

I type in Josies number and call her, She answers "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I just don't think Ace and i will be alright to drive him together so can you pick me up and drive me home?" I ask her.

"Yeah of course, I will pick you up at your usual time." She said before hanging up.

I left my office and went into the meeting room, I sit down next to Ace since we're still fake dating.

I zone out almost the entire meeting and i break out of it when they start clapping "Good job guys." Miss Anderson says standing up.

"Wait can i talk to you in private?" I ask her tapping her on the shoulder.

"Uh yeah of course." We wait behind a couple seconds and let everyone else leave the room.

"So me and Ace actually aren't together anymore. I care for him but something happened and yeah i'm sorry." I scratch the back of my arm nervously.

Miss Anderson her eyes and took in a deep breathe "Okay. But you still have to pretend to be together and get alone, Okay? Because the media loves you all and it's bringing in so much cash."

I nod and smile "Okay, Of course."

I leave the meeting room and head into mine and Aces office, He's sitting down at the desk typing on the laptop. "Ace, I told Miss Anderson that we're not together."

He stands up "Are you crazy?" He rasps.

"Are you? Do you not remember what happened last time for lying, We got fired." I walk towards him.

"Bet we're going to be fired again because of you." He rolled his eyes and sat back down.

"Well actually she's fine with it as long as we continue to fake being together and get along around the others." I put my hand on the side of the desk and wait for a response.

He looks at me up and down and nods then looks back at his laptop and continues typing.