𝟕𝟖 || 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬

SAGE DIAZ

When i woke up Ace wasn't here, But i knew where he was, He was at the hospital. He doesn't tell me when he goes and i've never been with him because he doesn't let me, I guess it's because he doesn't want me to see him in that state.

I wanted to be there for him but he didn't let me. So i decide to get into my car and go there myself.

I walk inside the hospital and i get a whiff of hand sanitiser and cleaning products. I go to the front desk "Do you know the room of Ace Rosso?"

She nodded "Down that hall, Room eighteen." She said as she chewed her minty gum and pointing me what way.

"Thank you." I whisper. I open the door of eighteen and see him on the bed just sitting there dozing off.

When he notices i'm here his eyes widen "What are you doing here?" He gets up "How did you know i was here?" He said with a shock tone.

"I know you've been coming here and i know you told me not to come.. But i wanted to be here for you." I grab his hand and he flinches like he doesn't want me here.

"Something wrong?" I ask him confused.

"You can't be here." He said in his deep voice.

"Well i can because i'm here." I cross my arms.

"I don't want you to see me like this." He stands up and walks towards me placing his large hands on my waist "Please."

I let out a deep breathe "Why don't you want me to be here for you?"

"I just don't want you to see me like this Sage." He removed his hands.

"Why though? I love you and want to be here for you."

He rose his eyebrows and hesitated to speak "I'm embarrassed."

I felt hurt he felt that way "Why are you embarrassed Ace?" I run my fingers up and down his arm waiting for answer.

"I don't know, I don't want you to see me sick.. Like this." He looked himself up and down and his surroundings.

"I don't care about that, I care about you getting better and living."

Ace sighed "I'm sorry." He sat down on the bed and placed his bed in between his hands.

I start to feel a sudden sickness "Where's the bathroom?" I ask on the urge of throwing up.

Ace points and i run to the bathroom and instantly throw up. Ace tied my hair up behind my head with a hair tie from my bag "Are you okay?" He worryingly asked.

"Yeah i'm fine." I say sitting beside the toilet.

"Your sick, I'm going to get a doctor and see what's wrong."

"No don't do that." I grab his hand "Your the one sick."

"We're already here anyways." He walks off and i try stopping him but i throw up in the toilet again.

I stop throwing up but still feel sick and see Ace has brought a doctor with him. Great.

"Ace has told me your throwing up yes?"

"Yeah." I reply.

"Come with me."

"Actually i want to say with Ace i'm fine." I hold onto his arm.

"He can come, His doctor won't be there for a while anyways." He takes us to his room.

I roll my eyes and whisper to Ace "Thanks a lot."

A while goes by and he has been asking me a few questions. He furrows his eyebrows and grabs a sheet "Are these what you have even feeling." He then continues and says "Nausea, Breast changes, Missed periods, More tired than usual, Vomiting."

I nod "Yeah." I wasn't worried about anything he had to say.

"Don't freak out what i am pretty sure your pregnant."

I widen my eyes and so does Ace "P—Pregnant? Your joking, There is no way."

"Sit on this chair will you?" He asked politely.

I sit on the chair and he lifts my shirt and puts weird gel on my stomach. He uses a transducer on my stomach and points at the screen "That's the baby."

I felt in shock and loss of words like they had been stolen from me. Ace and i should've been more careful.. We never used condoms he usually just pulled out, Surprised i didn't get pregnant sooner.

"I'll leave you two alone to talk." The doctor closes the door and leaves Ace and i in a silent room.

"I didn't expect this when i went and got the doctor." He lets out a slight chuckle but i could hear the nerves in his voice.

"I don't know what to do." My eyes became glossy and my heart started racing.

Ace came up to me and held my hand "Do what ever feels right to you."

I didn't want a abortion, I knew i wouldn't be able to get one even if i wanted too because of the guilt i would carry, But would it be best?

"Ace.." Tears run down my face "What if you don't survive this?"

"I will." He said in a shaky voice. He presses his forehead against mine "I love you."

"I'll keep the baby." I say hesitantly scared to see what he says.

A smile grows on his face "And i'll be very happy to be the father of your kids." He kisses my lips.

My tears wet his face "I will survive this bambi."

"I fucking love you." I wrap my arms around him tightly wanting to never let go of him.