𝟕𝟏 || 𝐍𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬

SAGE DIAZ

Ace had to stay there for longer since he missed the last one and i didn't.

I arrive home with sadness in my heart and worry. I see Jean sitting on the couch "Finally your here, I'm bored."

I couldn't control myself any longer or my feelings "Why didn't you tell me?"

Jeans smile disappeared "What?"

"Ace, He has cancer again." Tears started flowing down my face.

Jean stood up "I know." He looked down at the ground.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I shout at him.

He comes closer towards me and holds me in his arms as i break down "I'm sorry." I apologies.

"I'm sorry too Sage." He says as he holds me in the floor.

"I don't want to lose him." I cry in his chest.

His hand brushes through my hair "I don't want to lose him too, But we won't."

I nod my head "He didn't even tell me.." I sniffle "I pulled out a chunk of his hair on accident.

Jean laughs "Me too."

I look at him and furrow my eyebrows "Why were you pulling his hair?"

"Because he stole my blue hat and i gripped onto the middle which i accidentally gripped onto his hair too." Jean tells me, He looks at me "How did you pull his hair?"

"Well.. We were in the office and.. Doing things." I explain to him.

"Yuck gross." Jean shakes his head as he laughs with me.

I wipe my tears away as i hear Aces car pull up in the drive way "Does it look like i've been crying?" I ask Jean.

"Not anymore." He assured me.

Ace walks inside and i give him a hug "Your back, Finally."

"Yeah. I'm really tired." He yawned.

Every time he says he's tired it makes me happy, Because i knew how hard it was to get him tired before.

I tuck him into the bed and lay beside him, He falls asleep and i grab my phone putting in my ear phones scrolling on social media.

I scroll across a video of Aces father talking to paparazzi. fuck. I click the video "Are you proud of your son?" The paparazzi man asked him.

"No, You know why? Because when he was a kid he was weak. I know how weak he is you guys don't." He shrugged as he walked off.

He paparazzi chased him "Can you tell us why?"

"Okay, I'll tell you why. Because when he was a kid he wouldn't even stick up for himself, Well hardly. He would just curl up in a ball while he got his beatings." His father said crossing his arms proud of what he's done.

"Beatings?" The paparazzi man whispered.

"Yeah, He was a bad kid, Deserved it. And i'm not proud of him now for his what ever you call it.. Success because he didn't share with me or ever give his father a cent."