Don't Mock a Baker

Brian's p.o.v

I walked into the studio, kicking the door shut with my foot and looking down at my phone as I text Lex. She was probably still asleep now.

*Morning gorgeous, mind if I drop by after the studio? xx*

It hurt knowing she was being so shy and nervous around me. We suddenly took steps back in our relationship. She didn't trust me as much as she used to. I sighed and pushed my phone into my pocket as I looked for the paper I wrote some riff ideas on.

"Brian. I need to talk to you about the other day" I heard Zacky say from behind me. I flinched and slowly turned to face him.

"Alright" I nodded.

"Well how are you and Lex now? Are you guys okay?" He asked.

"Wait what happened!?" Johnny asked shocked, coming out of nowhere. I groaned as the other two joined us. I didn't want them to know what happened.

"Uhm nothing guys don't worry" Zacky said, nodding at me subtly. I gave him a thankful smile and nodded.

"Uh there was one thing" I said, pausing as they all looked at me quizical. "Well, I told Lex that I loved her. I finally said it" I grinned. They all made a comment but it was at the same time so I couldn't work it out.

"Shit man, finally!" Jimmy grinned, pulling me in for a hug.

"I take it she took it well?" Zacky asked. I nodded and held a grin on my face.

"Yeah she loves me too"

"I'm so happy for you guys!" Val said coming out from the back.

"Hey Val" I smiled. "Is there anyone else I should expect to randomly barge in on my conversations?"

"No, that's everyone-" Matt said before being cut off.

"Oh did Brian man up?" Larry said also joining us.

"-Except Larry" Matt finished his sentence, with an amused chuckle.

"So bottom line is we have told each other we love each other. That's it" I chuckled and continued on.

"Proud of you" Val whispered as she gave me a hug. I hugged back.

"Thank you"

Alex's p.o.v

I woke up, with a banging headache and noises coming from my kitchen. I raised an eye brow as I slowly sat up from the sofa. I guess I did fall asleep then.

"Hello?" I said out loud.

"Hey Lexy" Kayley's voice said from the kitchen. I wandered in and saw she was cooking breakfast.

"How'd you get into my apartment?" I asked.

"You left your door unlocked"

"Fuck" I muttered, leaning against the counter.

"So how're you and Brian?" She asked, turning off the cooker. I shrugged and rubbed my eye.

"I don't know. We're good but we're taking things slow because of me"

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I don't know why. I just don't want to rush back into things. Maybe because I'm scared of if it happens again or whatever"

"Well that's fair enough" She smiled. I paused.

"He did tell me he loves me though" I said. She gasped loudly and pulled me into a tight hug. I laughed and pulled away.