Bloody Dogs

Brian's p.o.v

All the banging and giggling coming from what sounded like downstairs woke me. I sat up, throwing the covers off my body before standing and stretching my arms above my head. I knew it was Lex drunkenly attempting to get up the stairs, I was sure of it.

So I left my bedroom, groggily walking through the hallway to the top of my staircase where the sounds got louder. I looked down and saw Lex, and Val sat on the bottom stairs playing slapsies. I chuckled and slowly stepped down the stairs.

"Ladies, what ya doing?" I chuckled as I watched them. Lex looked up at me with her drunken eyes and a wide smile.

"Briiaan" She squealed, jumping up to hug me and almost falling if I hadn't caught her.

"Careful baby" I smiled, holding her close. "You two better get some sleep. Val, does Matt know where you are hun?"

"Nuh uh, think I lost my phone" She replied with a slight slur.

"Right cmon you two up the stairs" I smiled, holding my hand out for Val to help her up the stairs too. I had Lex on my left and Val on my right with both my arms around their waists as I helped them up the stairs. They were both stumbling and giggling and squirming but I got them both to the top of the stairs safely. Lex then squirmed out of my grip and darted off to my bedroom before Val did the same. I tutted but continued to my room to make sure they were okay and by the time I got to my doorway they'd already collapsed onto the bed and were asleep. I smiled to myself before walking over and pulling the duvet over them. I leaned over to Lex and kissed her temple, murmuring a goodnight against her ear.

I turned to the bedside table and picked up my phone. I stepped outside and closed the door after me before scrolling through to Matt's number and calling.

'Brian? Do yo-'

'Yeah Val's here, so is Lex. They're crashing at mine, on my bed'

'Okay thanks man. Val wasn't answering her phone and I was starting to get worried'

'I get you, I was getting worried about Lex but she kept sending me drunk texts and letting me know where she was. Val said she might have lost her phone'

'Oh man I hope not, I got her that phone case when we got engaged'

'Wait what? You got engaged?! Why didn't you tell me?!'

'We weren't telling people. You can't go telling anybody, not even Lex okay?'

'But I don't like keeping stuff from her. It's not good for our relationship'

'That's bullshit, stop making excuses. Don't tell anybody man'

'Okay! Fine'

'Thanks. But now that I feel so much better I'm gonna go to bed. And I think you should do the same since you're the one who's gonna be dealing with those two with hangovers'

'True, alright. Night man'

'Night'

I hung up and headed down the hallway to the 'spare' bedroom. I opened the door and flicked the light on before kicking the door shut behind me, making sure it was quiet so it wouldn't wake the girls. I unzipped my hoodie and threw it onto the edge of the bed. I was standing in my joggers now. I looked at the made bed and couldn't help but think how cold and lonely it was gonna be. I was looking forward to having cuddles with my Lex. I sighed and pulled the covers back before climbing into the unused bed.

Alex's p.o.v

"Lex, you alive?" A voice whispered by the side of me. I grumbled and expected it to be Brian. I didn't really remember much from last night besides Val and I drank a lot. "Alex"