We knew it

Val's p.o.v

I woke up to my phone ringing next to me. Matt groaned and sat up with me. He hates being woken up this late at night. I quickly answered it seeing it was Alex calling me.

Val, I think I like Brian. I wasn't expecting that. Matt looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I shook my head and carried on on the phone.

You think? What suddenly changed your mind?

I dunno. After you said that we'd be a good match I kept thinking about it and now I think I like him, I don't know. Help. She said sounding stressed. Matt was listening in on the conversation and looked at me sort of shocked as if he didn't expect this conversation but I did.

Well maybe you do like him. This is great!

It's not. I'm gonna sound selfish but I really don't want to be in this situation. I frowned. Why could she be taking this this way. This is supposed to be a good thing to experience not keeping you up late at night, stressing you out.

Can I ask why?

Just. Remember I told you about my ex

Yeah

Well, I just feel like that will happen again. That's why I stay away from relationships. I don't want that to happen again. I took it personally, as if I wasn't good enough for the one guy that was supposed to understand.

That would never happen with Brian. I don't want to force you two together. I just want to explain that he's not like that scumbag. He may not admit it to us but he truly does care for you and that's different for him recently. You're the first girl that he's never met before that he actually spoke to, let alone let into his house and sleep there.

I didn't think he would do that but I thought the same the last time. Yet it still did.

Alex, I promise you, Brian wouldn't do that. And if he ever were to, you'd have us to beat him but I know for a fact he would never do that to a girl. She sighed and yawned. Alex? You okay?

Not really. I'm exhausted about thinking about this right now so can you come over tomorrow? We can talk this through then

Yeah sure. Can I bring Matt?.

Um why? What if he tells Brian what I say? She asked a bit shakily. Matt chuckled and spoke down the phone.

Alex. I wont tell him anything I swear. There was silence.

Y-you heard?!

Yeah. I wont tell him or anyone else unless you say so.

Alright fine. Matt can come over too. Okay see you tomorrow then. I am tired and I have work tomorrow. Bye.

ByeeMatt and I said, before  hung up and put my phone back down next to me on the bedside cupboard.

"So, what happened with her ex?" Matt asked.

"Basically the guy she dated a few years back for 3 years was cheating on her for the most of the relationship and she walked in on them fucking on her couch"

"Jeez! That's kind of what happened to Brian"

"I know but she thinks he'll do the same and I cant explain to her that he wont without telling her that the same thing happened to him" I sighed. "I'm just gonna have to talk her into it, or you could. You and Bri are best friends. You can tell her"

"Yeah I suppose so"

"I knew she'd realise that she likes Brian. I totally knew it" I grinned and lay back down.

"Yeah well I kind of assumed it. Jimmy said when he first met her that he thinks she'd win Brian over. She did. Brian accidentally told me earlier when you both went upstairs"

"What did he say?"

*Flashback to earlier that day*- Matt's p.o.v

Val and Alex walked upstairs. I looked back at Brian who watched Alex walk away. I raised my eyebrows at him which he soon noticed. He took a sip of his beer just as Jimmy walked in and joined us.

"What's up with Mr Nervous?" Jimmy asked pointing at Brian who was downing his beer.

"I don't know but he sure does look at Alex a lot" I chuckled. Jimmy smirked at Brian who was trying to ignore us. "Has someone got a crush?" I laughed. Brian didn't reply and just stared at his empty beer bottle. My eyes widened at Brian and Jimmy. Jimmy didn't look surprised. "Wait! Do you like Alex?"

"Do I like being around her? Yes. Does she make me happy? Yes. Would I like waking up to her in the morning? Sure." He said and wandered out to the backyard. Jimmy and I ran out after him.

"Dude. You really do like Alex" Jimmy smirked. Brian shrugged and looked away awkwardly.

"Can we not talk about this? Oh hey look a bee, I'm gonna follow it and get away from you both" Brian said and 'escaped' us just as Val turned up in the doorway.

*End of flashback* 

"He said he wanted to wake up next to her? Aweee" Val squealed. "I'll bet you by the end of this month they'll be together"

"I bet they'll get together in like 3/4 months"

"Deal"

"Deal"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short chapter for you guys :3