Guess Who's Back, Back Again

Alex's p.o.v

I wandered back down the stairs of Matt and Val's house. I entered the living room where Val, Riley, Kayley and Livvy sat. They all sat on the sofas so I sat on the floor. I picked up my wine glass and took a sip from it.

"So Lex, what's happening with you and Brian?" Livvy grinned. I raised an eye brow at her in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean how are you both? Is this a serious thing? Do you love him yet?" She asked, the others leaned forward slightly waiting for my answer. I looked at her with wide eyes and hitched breath.

"Uh.. what?"

"C'mon Lex, the way you look at each other is so damn obvious. You love each other, I know you do"

"I-I, we don't love each other.." I lied. I dont know about Brian but I was so in love with him it hurt.

"Lex, dont lie"

"I'm not!"

"Yeah okay, suree"

"Bugger off, I dont" Damn I hate lying but I'm not prepared to say it. Val raised her eye brow and just looked like she was in deep thought. I tipped my head to the side slightly but continued to drink my wine until the glass was empty. "I'm gonna get a refill" I muttered and jumped up to escape the questioning looks. 

I filled my glass and zipped up my jacket before going out the garden to get some air. I sat on the wall and stared at the bottom of the garden. It was starting to get dark as it was around 9pm, and it was a little windy and chilly. The guys went out to a bar for a break and possible discussion of the next album.

I sighed quietly and stared down at my feet, tapping the glass that was in my hand. I do love Brian but if I cant tell him that yet, I'm not ready to tell someone else. I've never even gotten to the point of real love, the last and only time I have he turned out to be a douche. Brian might not do that but I thought that the last time.

"Lex you okay?" I heard Val ask, walking toward me slowly and wrapping her jacket around her more. I shrugged with a half smile.

"I dont know" I replied as she sat with me.

"Is this about the love thing?"

"Yeah"

"What about it?"

"I just, I dont know. It's the whole 'if I love him do I tell him?' or 'what if that fucks things up cause he doesnt feel the same'. That's scaring me"

"Well, do you love him?" She asked. i shrugged giving her her answer. "You do huh?"

"I guess. I just dont want to be telling other people before him, you know?"

"Yeah, I understand" She nodded. I sighed again and rubbed my face tiredly.

"I'm just tired and I miss Brian but he's out with the guys so I'm not asking him to leave them"

"Hang on a minute, I'll be right back"

Val's p.o.v

I knew she loved him. And I know Brian loves her. But I cant tell Brian, he needs to find out himself. I picked up my phone in my room and called Matt as his number was on speed dial.

'Hey sweets, what's up? You okay?'

'Yeah I'm fine. It's Alex, can you put Brian on please'

'Oh yeah sure, hang on'

'Hello?'

'Hey Brian, dont suppose you can come over?'