Chapter 2- New Man

Alyssa decided to sleep in my tent tonight, so she got the cot and I slept on a sleeping bag. It was actually a lot more comfortable than that rock that I call a cot, but the way Alyssa is snoring, I would assume she likes it. 

I slide out of my sleeping bag quietly and change into black skinny jeans and a dark grey band t-shirt, tucked into my jeans and I throw on my black converses. I leave my hair down again and I grab my belt and put my dagger and gun holsters on it. 

I quietly step out of the tent; the dew is still collected on the blades of grass and the tents. 

Everyone but Alyssa is awake so I don't get any alone time. 

I spot Amy sitting at a picnic table, eating. I decide to eat with her, since I have nothing better to do. I go back to my tent and grab a small container of Fruit Loops that I got at a gas station a few weeks ago and make my way over to Amy. 

Amy looks up at me and smiles. 

I point to the bench across from her. "Is this seat taken?" She smiles a shakes her head, "Have at it." 

I nod in response and sit down. Everyone in the group's heads turn to us as if it's the first time anyone has ever seen me interact with someone willingly, though it's kind of true. 

Amy clears her throat and takes a bite of her Cap'n Crunch cereal. "How was hunting with Alyssa? You guys came back pretty early."

"It was fine," I open my cereal. "Daryl killed our deer and 'claimed it'." I use air quotes as I speak. "And Alyssa didn't like the idea of killing animals so," I shrug and take a bite of my cereal. "I decided to wait to teach her." 

Amy nods. "Yeah, it's better to not force her into anything she doesn't want to do." I nod as well, "Don't I know." Amy furrows her eyebrows. "What do you mean?" I look at her. 

"Oh sorry, I honestly didn't realize I said that out loud." Amy raises her eyebrows and crosses her arms. "Well now you have me intrigued." 

I sigh, "I had this boyfriend-Nick. He forced me to do a lot of things I didn't want to do and if I didn't do them, he would-" I inhale. "I don't like to talk about it." Amy nods, "That's okay. You don't have to." 

"Maybe I actually do like Amy? I can see me actually being friends with her.

"Thanks." "Yeah, of course." 

I hear my tent unzip and Alyssa steps out, yawning. 

Alyssa smiles and waves at me and I raise my hand as a slight wave. Amy waves to Alyssa as well. Before Alyssa can walk over to us, Sophia runs up to her and starts talking to her. 

I look around and see Daryl gutting the deer that he caught yesterday. My deer. 

I look back at Amy, "I'll be right back." "Okay, I'll make sure no flies get in your cereal." I don't respond. I go back to my tent and grab my freshly sharpened machete. 

I stomp over to Daryl and in one swift motion I cut the deer in half. Daryl jumps up and throws his right arm to the right. 

"Yo, what the hell?!" 

"Well," I grab the hind legs of the deer. "You stole this deer so I'm gonna be fair and split it with you." 

"It's not even in the middle! The head takes off half of my side." I shrug, "Welp, find your own damn deer then." I smirk and walk away. 

"Bitch!" Daryl yells. 

I smirk as I walk back to the tent. 

Everybody is looking at me as I walk back with the legs of a deer in my hands.