Chapter 17- Hit

(TW!! Mentions of being shot, overdosing, and abuse!)

I take a seat around the fire and Alyssa and my dad sit on both sides of me. The fire is crackling soothingly and there's the perfect amount of heat on my body. I don't feel like eating so I just stare at the fire.

I turn to look back at my tent, the forest green tent. I'm looking through the hole that Daryl cut through the door, and I see that my backpack is still open on the ground though my dagger is missing. I don't see any pill bottles anywhere, so I assume they cleaned them up. 

What about the ones that are in my bag? There's no way they left them.

I turn back and everyone is looking at me; as soon as I see them, they all look away.

I open my mouth to say something, but I close it instead, not wanting to start anything. 

Instead, Glenn does.

He stands up and walks over to us, standing a bit awkwardly. "Uh-um guys?" 

Everybody stops eating and looks at him, which obviously makes it even harder for him to tell us whatever it is that he wants to tell us. 

"So...the barn is full of Walkers." 

Everything stops. It feels like the wind stopped and took a breath at what Glenn said. Everybody immediately turns to look at him, Alyssa gasps and turns to him.

"You're serious?" Rick asks. Glenn nods. 

"Hell no." My dad says, standing up and grabbing his gun. Everybody follows, including Alyssa and I. I'm not even going to ask for my dagger, so I just grab my bow and arrow quickly. 

All of us walk down the hill, my whole body is still a little weak, so Lori and Alyssa keep close to me and keep a close eye on me. 

"Adrian?" Alyssa starts, slowing down so that her and I are at the same walking pace. "Yeah?" She smiles, "I don't think I've seen you give so many hugs...or a hug in so long. What was all of that?" I shrug, "I guess it was just the fact that I survived. I dunno, it felt nice though." 

She nods, "I liked seeing it. It looked like you again." I smile. "Thanks." "Obviously it's a work in progress but..." She looks at me, "I know you can fix your brain. Fu-f Nick." I chuckle, "Yeah, f Nick." I rustle her hair and see everyone coming to a stop, the barn right in front of us.

Alyssa and I stop and I take my hand off of her head and put it back down by my side. "What are we gonna do if they are in the barn?" Alyssa whispers. "Hopefully kill 'em." 

My dad approaches the barn and slowly looks into the crack of the door. Everybody holds their breath, I don't know if we're expecting the barn to blow up or what but, it's suspenseful nonetheless. 

After a few seconds of him looking through the door, he scoffs and turns around, walking back to us. "You cannot tell me you're alright with this." My dad walks past Rick and stands next to Alyssa and I. "I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." 

"This is our lives!" My dad yells. "Lower your voice." Glenn pleads. "We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea replies, looking around.

"I hate to say it, but...Andrea's right." She scoffs, "For once." Everybody looks at her quickly, then at me, then back at her. She stiffens up and looks back at the barn. 

The hell?

"It ain't right, not remotely." "Okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. We have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time-" Shane gets interrupted by Rick. "We can't go!"