Chapter 42- High

(Tw!! Mentions of being high!!)

"Oh. Alright then." I scoff as Damien goes on almost a three minute rant about Daryl and I's future. According to him, we're going to have three kids- a boy and two girls. We're gonna have two dogs and we both are gonna be the best hunters and fighters in the group. Damien continues to explain how I after a huge loss, I'm gonna become a complete badass with a cold heart and Daryl is going to love every minute of it.

"You're telling me it's not true?" Damien's high eyes squint as he smiles, leans back in his chair, man-spreads, and crosses his arms. 

My high giggle fills the air, "I mean. What loss will there be? As of currently, I don't plan on loosing anyone else in the group." My words are very slightly slurred in my high state. 

Damien laughs, "Good point. Hm..." 

I scoff, "Maybe I'm just already badass." "Oh one hundred percent but you still have...enough heart in you for me to say you have a heart." I laugh, "I'll take it." 

"Adrian!" Alyssa squeals, skipping into the cell. "Do you wanna kill walkers?" She practically sings. "What's got you all giddy?" Damien smirks. 

"Nothing! I just...wanna." I raise an eyebrow and look at Damien. My brain feels like there's a pink cloud in it, compromising every thought every few seconds. 

"What are we talking about?" I ask. Alyssa scoffs, "Lord, Adrian. How much weed did y'all smoke?" Damien and I laugh, "Enough." I giggle. 

She smiles, "Well, save some for the future because from the looks of it, you smoked a whole plantation." Damien laughs, "If you think this is high, you haven't seen us when we're stoned yet." 

Alyssa laughs, "Well, I'll add that to my bucket list. But c'mon!" She grabs my hand and practically drags me up, off the bed. I groan and grab Damien's hand, we're like a line of people being pulled off the bed. 

Alyssa runs out the door, her hand still holding mine and my hand still holding Damien's. 

As she opens the door, the sun burns my red, glossy eyes. 

It feels like I'm in a virtual reality as nothing feels real. "Woah." I giggle. "Adrian, you act like you've never been high before, lord." Damien chuckles. "Asshole! It's been like forever since we've had the time to be high!" I groan as Alyssa pulls me again, I pull Damien with me. 

"Hi Rick!" I giggle as Alyssa continues to pull us. He just stares at me and looks at Hershel. Hershel shrugs confusedly. 

Damien sighs, "You're like a six year old when you're high." He laughs an incredibly high laugh. 

I smack my lips together, "Jesus I have the worst case of cotton mouth ever!" I quickly turn to Damien as Alyssa stops walking to turn to me. "Can you die from cotton mouth?" He laughs, "No. Just drink water." "That's an amazing idea!" I look at Alyssa and she just lets out a groan, running very quickly into the prison and grabbing a bottle of water. She runs back out and hands it to me. 

As I take a drink of water, a bit of it goes down the wrong pipe and I begin coughing. "Je-su-s." I say between coughs, in my high state I think this is the end. "Drink more water, Adrian." Alyssa says, rolling her eyes. 

Apparently, when I'm high, Alyssa is now the older sister. 

"Go-od ide-a." I groan, taking another drink of water. "Wait, give me that. I wonder if you can purposfully drink water down the wrong pipe." Damien queiries, reaching for the water which I happily give him. 

He takes a swig of the water and gulps loudly. I burst out laughing, "That was like a cartoon gulp, oh my god!" I continue laughing and Alyssa and Damien laugh with me. "You try." Damien says, handing me the water bottle.