Chapter 116- Bug-a-boo

Beatrice, Alyssa, and I are all sat on the couch, just talking and enjoying each other's company. She was livid that I had to leave her in the infirmary for another night but, nothing could've beaten the smile on her face when she saw me. 

"When is Magna moving in?" Beatrice asks, Alyssa nods in agreement.

I shrug, "I dunno, we're not...I don't know how long that'll be." 

Beatrice groans exaggeratedly, "I'm gonna put a cockroach in your bed if she doesn't move in here faster. I miss her." 

I raise my eyebrows, "Oh yeah? Try me." I say, smirking and rustling her hair.

Alyssa chuckles, "You have cockroaches?" 

Beatrice smiles and fixes her hair, "No...but I know how to find them. I read about it." 

I chuckle and roll my eyes playfully, "You know so much about bugs, you practically are one." 

She giggles, "I would find a way into your walls and bite holes in your clothes like Moths do." 

I nod, "I'm sure you would...Bug." Her eyes widen and her smile grows at the nickname but she doesn't say anything. I continue, ignoring Alyssa's excited reaction, "I think you know more about bugs than I do and I'm like...in my thirties." 

Alyssa groans, "Ew, don't ever say that again." 

I scoff, "You're like twenty-two, it's a hell of a lot weirder for me to say that than for you to hear that I'm old as hell. You're a literal adult." 

Alyssa shrugs, "Yeah, the only reason you hate it is because you can't tell me what to do anymore. And I get to actually participate in the fights now." 

"Oh, I can still tell you what to do, don't underestimate my control freakness." 

The front door creaks open and Inejra steps through the threshold. "What is up, cunts?" 

Beatrice beams, "Inej!" 

Inejra smiles and waves to Beatrice, closing the door and walking into the living room. "'Sup, dude?" She turns to me. "Shit news." 

I can feel nervous chills trail up my skin, making the hair on my arms and neck stand up. "When is it good news?" 

She shrugs and leans against the wall, next to Alyssa's seat. "Tree fell on Hilltop's wall. They need our help. Nine or something are injured, some are trapped. Got the news from Gabriel a few minutes ago." 

"Got the news or eavesdropped?" Alyssa asks, smirking and looking up at Inejra. 

She just scoffs and shoves Alyssa's head, "Fuck off, you know the answer." 

Just then, I feel a small finger tracing the tattoos all over my arm. I look down and see Beatrice half asleep, not paying attention to the conversation. She's tracing a symbol Alyssa drew for Abraham: A weed leaf lounging on a couch with a high look in its eyes, smoking a blunt. I get tired of watching her fight to hold her head up as she falls asleep so I gently cup her head and lay her on my thigh. 

Inejra and Alyssa both smile as best as they can, more of a half-smile but it's a smile to all of us after these past few months. "'I can't be a mom'. Shut the fuck up." Alyssa says, standing up and walking into the kitchen. "We're going to Hilltop. Is Bug coming?" Inejra glances at Beatrice at the mention of her new nickname.

"She doesn't have a fever anymore. I think I'll bring her if she's up for it." I say, combing my fingers through her hair. 

By the asscrack of dawn, we're on our way to the Hilltop to help with the fallen tree. Inejra, Alyssa, Beatrice, and I are all in a carriage being pulled by two horses; along with Judith and Eugene. Michonne is riding her horse next to us.