Chapter 104- Last Time

(Shorter chapter!!)

(TW!! Mentions of abuse, s/a, drug usage, and suicide!!)

It's a few hours later and we're back in Alexandria. Nobody said a word the whole way home, they just cried or stayed silent.

Everything feels different now. Without Rick, we're lost- as much as I hate to admit it. He gave us direction, he was a father figure to us all, he was Rick. And now he's gone. 

It's obvious a piece of everyone's heart is missing, you can practically hear the hollow thump. 

I can't even look at Michonne. She hasn't stopped crying and I know if I look at her I'm gonna break down and never stop. 

Damien and Cato decided to move back to Alexandria, they went back to Hilltop to pack up their stuff.

As soon as I take my first steps in Alexandria, I know exactly where I'm going. 

People stare at our distressed groups as we all disperse throughout the streets. Some people went to the Hilltop, some to the Kingdom, places that have leaders.

My footsteps sound hollow in my ears as I pound down the steps to the front door of the cell house and slam into the room, causing Negan to jump up from his cot. 

"Jesus wha- Adrian." He stops, his eyes widening. "Did Rick-" 

"Yeah, Rick told me. And now the last conversation I had with him was about you!" I exclaim, slamming the door shut and swallowing the lump in my throat. 

Negan's face drops, "Last conversation?" 

I nod, crossing my arms over my chest. "Rick's dead. Blew himself up to save the rest of us." 

"Holy shit," Negan whispers, barely trying to hide his smirk by looking at his feet. 

"Look, Negan, I know you don't like Rick. I fuckin' know, but I did. You can have your little party when I'm gone but I'm down here to talk about Nick." 

Negan quickly looks back up at me, "You sure?" 

"I wouldn't be down here if I wasn't." I scoot the wooden chair across from the cell door and sit on it, resting my elbows on my knees. "Why the fuck would you reunite us? After everything you did for me!" 

I can already feel fire rising through my toes and dispersing throughout every inch of my body, causing my heart rate to speed up. 

"He was supposed to be changed. I didn't know we were seeing you but he hadn't had any reports of being an asshole to women." 

I scoff and lean back in my chair at Negan's words, "It's fuckin' Nick." I mumble, "The fuck do you expect?" 

Negan shrugs and sits on the ground in front of me, "I reunited you guys because you were a reward for him for forcing a group into submission." 

"I was a fuckin' reward?!" 

Negan nods, clearly not impressed with himself. "That first time I saw you with your bruises I knew he wasn't changed but...a man can't go back on his word." 

"You went back on your word with me. When you said you would never allow him to hurt me again." I quickly stand up and pull my shirt up, revealing the new scars on my back. "You lied." 

Negan winces and slowly closes his eyes, nodding. "I know." He says as I sit back down. "And Adrian I- I immediately regretted it. The only thing I could be sure to protect you from was him raping you, that's one of the main rules at the Sanctuary, and it-" Negan's face turns grim when he sees the sides of my mouth twitching into a frown. "You lied when he said he hadn't done that..."