Chapter 99- The Final Battle

(TW!! Mentions of abuse and drug usage!!)

Jerry, Ezekiel's right-hand man approaches me, "Heard you were fighting regardless of anything the docs or Maggie are telling you." 

I turn and squint at the sun behind him, "Why the fuck would I miss out on this?" 

The truth is, I'm going because they're going to kill Negan. And I don't know if I want that to happen or not. And if I decide not, I may be able to stop it. 

He nods, "What are you gonna do about your stab wound?" 

I shrug, "Thug it out." 

He chuckles warmly, "We've got a stomach pad from a fallen soldier from the Kingdom you can use." Seemingly pulling the stomach pad out of nowhere, Jerry offers it to me. "The other parts have gone to other people."

I raise an eyebrow, he shifts over to block my eyes from the sun with his head. "Ezikiel's cool with that?" 

"Indeed!" I hear from a distance, the voice sounding much like Ezekiel's. 

Jerry smiles, "A decent amount of us have a feeling you're gonna be the target of a lot of Saviors," He shrugs. "Can't have you dying on us yet now can we?" 

I scoff and accept the stomach pad, "Thanks." He nods happily and walks away.

Cato walks over to me, "Think they'll let me go?" 

I shrug, strapping the grep and black stomach pad on, "Dunno, if you switch back to the Saviors, they'll just kill you so," I look up at Cato. "Please don't do that." 

He chuckles, "I'm not a dumbass, obviously I'm not switching sides." 

I raise an eyebrow, "Because you are plannin' on proposin' to Damien on the Savior's burial ground?" 

Cato clenches his jaw with an annoyed smile, "I've barely talked to Damien, I can't be asking him out yet." 

"Yet?!" Alyssa exclaims from behind Cato, standing with Inejra. "Yet. You can't yet?! So that's a possibility?!" 

Cato sighs and stalks away, hanging his head in defeat. 

Alyssa gasps and I quickly look away from Cato and follow her gaze to Morgan holding his sharpened staff to Henry's head. 

"The fuck?!" I whisper, doing what a few other people are doing and running to the scene. 

Carol is slowly pulling the staff away from him and the imprisoned Saviors stand confused at the opened gates. 

"They were, uh... they were gone- him." Morgan informs the group around him, circling so he can better look at everyone. "They were comin' in." 

"I asked Maggie if we could clear the Walkers from the wall. We...drew them away so we wouldn't about 'em when we rolled out." Alden informs Morgan.

I don't know why, but Alden pisses me off. He's dick-riding Maggie so hard and I feel like at least once I'm gonna have to punch him. Just once, for fun.

Maggie agrees, "He did." 

Rick steps forward and approaches Morgan though addressing the whole group. "Let's keep gettin' ready, everyone. First team's going in twenty." 

Everybody gets the hint and disperses to finish what they were doing. When I turn, Alyssa and Inejra are standing there. "Do y'all ever have like four seconds away from each other?" I ask, rolling my eyes with a small smirk. 

Alyssa scoffs, "Why would we?" 

"Y'all're goin' to the fight?" I say more than ask, already knowing my answer.