Chapter 96- I Wish You Understood

(Third Person POV:) "Fuck!" Cato yells, dropping the bandages after finishing wrapping Adrian's wound. Cato sighs, bringing his hands off Adrian's chest and absorbing the flatline next to him. "She's gone, guys." 

"No, no, no, no, no, no she's not!" Alyssa screams, shoving Damien out of the way. She puts her hands in CPR position and begins to pump on Adrian's chest. "She's not dead! You can't give up! Adrian wouldn't! Inejra, give her oxygen when I say so!" 

"Alyssa..." Inejra whispers, her eyes not able to tear away from Adrian's already pale, porcelain features. 

"No!" Alyssa sobs. "No! PBND! PBN-fucking-D!" 

Damien slowly wraps his arms around Alyssa. As soon as she feels the body heat from his defined arms around her torso, she goes limp and sobs in his arms. 

"She's all I have!" She shrieks. "I can't live without her! Damien! You have to help me! She can't die like this!" 

Damien is behind her, sobbing. He's biting on his lower lip to silence his sobs so that it doesn't cause Alyssa to cry harder. "She's dead." He croaks. "Nick finally killed her." 

The thought of Damien having to move on and keep living without Adrian, his rock, his bird, is too difficult for him to bear. Everytime he thinks about it, his body shakes with more sobs/

Inejra backs into a wall, sliding down it and curling into a tight ball, hugging her legs to her chest. Her breath is shaky and shallow, her eyes wide with surprise and horror.

"Please, please, Damien! You're her best friend!" Alyssa screams, causing a few people to peek their heads into the infirmary door. Daryl, Jesus, Maggie, and Rosita all look at the same time, Daryl and Jesus through the window.

Daryl stumbles back, seeing his dead ex-wife on the bed in front of the window. Yes, they broke up. But they both know that they love each other to the fullest max. 

He tries to hide his heartbreak, his silent tears and quivering lip giving him away quickly. 

Alyssa continues desperatley, "Cato! You can't let Adrian die like this, you can't!" 

Suddenly, Adrian's fingers twitch as if trying to shock her back to life.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Cato yells, immedeatley seeing it and wiping a tear, running to Adrian. 

"Cato..." Damien whispers. 

"No! No, her hand!" 

(Adrian Walsh's POV:) I gasp for air, arching my back up as if it will open my lungs. 

"There you are, there you are." Cato smiles warmly, cupping my face as I wheeze for air. 

"Adrian!" Alyssa yells, running over to me. 

Her eyes are red and puffy from tears, she has tear stains on her cheeks and looks extremely pale. 

When I look up, Damien, Cato, Inejra, and Alyssa. The only four people who are close enough to me to be in here.

Both Inejra and Damien look the same as Alyssa, shaken, teary-eyed, and puffy-faced. 

Damien gasps as if he's been holding his breath. "Adrian, Adrian oh my god." 

I cough weakly, "Where...am I?" 

I don't recognize the white ceiling above me, the feeling of the bed under me, the sounds outside of wherever I am. 

Cato smiles, "Hilltop's infirmary." 

I sigh and squeeze my eyes shut, remembering that Carl's still dead.