Chapter 79- Is Negan Alive? (Part 2)

"Do you have to go?" Alyssa complains.

I smile, "Yeah. This could be really important, 'Lyss. I offered you to come. And Inej."

"I know but Carl's staying. I wanna stay with Carl."

I smile, "When's the wedding again?"

"Bye!" She yells, shoving me lightly and walking over to Carl.

Just then I hear Abraham's voice, "Let's chew up some asphalt."

I scoff and walk over to the door to the R.V, "Where do you come up with this shit?" I ask.

He smiles, "Yank it out of my ass."

I chuckle, "That you do."

I climb in after Maggie and the rest follow, Daryl closes the door.

I'm sitting next to Abraham when he says, "Hey," to Glenn. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure." Glenn replies.

Abraham looks left and right before scooting closer, out of curiosity, I scoot closer as well. Glenn leans in to hear better.

"When you were, uh, pouring the Bisquick, were you tryin' to make pancakes?"

"Oh, good god." I mumble, rolling my eyes.

Glenn looks at him confusedly before saying, "Uh...yes? It's something we talked about, yeah. Why?"

I sit back to avoid the rest of the awkward conversation and lay my head on Daryl's shoulder. "You're sweaty." I whisper.

Daryl scoffs, "I'm never clean enough for you, am I?"

"You're never clean." I smile.

Suddenly, the breaks of the R.V slowly squeal to a stop.

Daryl quickly looks out of the blinds of the window, "Yo, Rick. What's goin' on?" I sit up quickly, my body tensed.

"We got a crash ahead," Rick says from the driver's seat. "Looks like it just happened."

"It's one of ours." Jesus quickly says, running to exit the R.V and get to the flipped car.

All of us silently follow. Once we see Jesus stop in front of the smoking car, Rick aims his gun at his head.

The car has multiple shredded Walkers growling around it. Some stuck in the car's mechanics, some stuck under the car.

"If this is some trick, it won't end well for you." Rick grunts.

"My people are in trouble. They don't-we don't have a lot of fighters." Jesus pants. "I know how it looks but I'll play it out. Can I borrow a gun?"

"No." Daryl quickly responds.

"We got tracks right here." He points to footprints in the grass.

"Then let's fucking go." I sass, motioning for Rick to walk.

He looks at Jesus before following the tracks, Jesus walks in the middle of the group so that we have eyes on him.

The footprints lead to a small run down building, no signs of life inside.

Rick approaches it and pounds on the door, waiting for a sign of movement.

"They gotta be in there." Jesus says quickly, shifting from foot to foot nervously.

"We moving in or what?" Abraham asks.

"How do we know this ain't the firecrackers in the trash can?" Daryl asks, approaching the building.