Chapter 4- The Plan

We're all in our positions. Glenn is in the alley with Daryl, ready to run to grab the bags. Rick and T-dog are in another alley, ready for Glenn to come to them if need be. And I'm standing in front of the horde with a clown horn in my left hand and my dagger in my right.

Glenn signals to me to squeeze the horn, so I do. The horn makes a screeching loud noise that immediately catches the attention of the Walkers.

Walkers of all shapes and sizes begin stumbling towards me, catching me off guard by how many there are.

I look around the city for somewhere to run that wouldn't make them go back to Glenn.

A ladder catches my eye. This ladder has a platform half-way to the top which is perfect because the Walkers can still smell and see me but I'm high enough up to where they can't get me.

I continue to squeeze the horn as I fast walk to the ladder, making sure that the Walkers can still see and follow me but can't grab me.

I've had to kill a few stragglers but other than that, it's been pretty easy.

I look back and see that most of the Walkers have been distracted and left the bag, so I honk the horn twice as a signal to Glenn that the coast is clear and he can grab the guns.

I get to the ladder, put my dagger in it's holster, put the horn in my mouth, and begin to climb up.

Before I manage to climb all the way to the platform, a screw falls out of the ladder and it bends forward, leaving me hanging on my just my right hand.

The horn falls into the walkers and they all swarm under me after the ladder makes a loud noise.

"Damn it." I whisper to myself, looking down at the Walkers.

"Why the hell would you aim for a ladder, Adrian?" I groan at myself and try to grab the ladder with my left hand but that makes the ladder fall farther and brings me closer to the hands of the Walkers.

"Shit, shit, shit." I say to myself, trying to think of an escape plan.

"Stop being a pussy, Adrian. You handled Nick and Carter, you can handle a bunch of dead pricks."

I take a deep breath to level my head and look around, looking for any escape route.

I see a group of men across the way and an idea pops in my mind.

"God, this is embarrassing." And with that, I begin to wave a scream for them.

The noise catches their attention and they look at each other, back at me, at Glenn who is now running into Daryl's alleyway, back at me, back at each other, and back at me.

"Are you gonna come save my ass or not?!" I yell.

I see them look at each other again and then begin to run towards me.

One of them grabs a flare gun from their backpack and shoots it, catching the attention of the Walkers below me and making some of them disperse from where I am.

The other one runs inside of the store I'm slightly above and appears on the roof above me.

He climbs down the ladder and pulls the other half of the ladder towards him.

He then reaches his hand out for me to grab.

I grab it and he pulls me up so that I can climb the ladder.

Once I get on the roof, I dust off my thighs and say, "Thanks."

Without another word, the man grabs me by the shirt and pushes me forward, leading me down the steps and out of the store.