Chapter 26- D(e)ad

It's been like an hour or two and everybody is just sitting in the living room in silence, nobody has come back yet. 

"I'm going after them." Andrea says, standing up. "Don't. They could be anywhere." Lori says quickly. "Or do. You may never come back." I whisper. Damien snorts and has to hide his smile. 

"And if Randall comes back, we're gonna need you here." Lori finishes. 

The door opens and Daryl and Glenn walk in. I sit up quickly but then slump back down. 

Why do I care? Fuck dad, if he dies, he dies. 

Everybody stands and turns to them. "Rick and Shane ain't back?" Daryl asks. "No." Lori says. "We heard a shot." Daryl looks around. "Maybe they found Randall." "Hopefully." Alyssa says. 

"We found him." Daryl notes. "Is he back in the shed?" Maggie asks. 

"It's a shed? Thats a big shed." Alyssa looks at me. I just smirk and turn back to the conversation. 

"He's a Walker." "Did you find the Walker that bit him?" Hershel asks. 

"No," Glenn finally speaks up. "The weird thing is he wasn't bit."

How was he a Walker then?

"His neck was broke." Daryl adds. "So he fought back." Patricia says. 

Daryl looks directly at me ask he speaks, "The thing is, Shane and Randall's tracks were right on top of each other. And Shane ain't no tracker," He looks around at everybody. "So he didn't come up behind 'im. They were together." 

I lean forward and rest my head on my hands, my elbows resting on my knees. Anxiety causes my heart to pound faster and my hands feel numb but, I don't care. I'm worried about Rick, not Shane.

"Would you please get back out there, find Rick and Shane and find out what on Earth is going on?" Lori pleads, approaching Daryl. 

"You got it." Daryl says, beginning to walk out. "I'm going with." I say, standing up.

Andrea, Glenn, and I follow closely behind Daryl as he walks out of the house to go find Rick and my Dad. 

When we get out on the porch, the sound of Walker growls fill the air. Thousands of Walkers are stumbling through the yard, coming from the direction of the shed where Randall was. They look like a colony of ants, that's how many there are.

"Oh fuck." I mumble, genuine worry in my voice. 

Nobody says anything, we all just stare. Everybody else comes out shortly after noticing that we hadn't left the porch yet.  

"Patricia," Hershel whispers, watching the Walkers in horror. "Kill the lights." "I'll get the guns." Andrea says, turning and running quietly in the house. 

"Maybe they're just passing like the herd on the highway. Should we just go inside?" Glenn asks. "Not unless there's a tunnel downstairs I don't know about." Daryl smart-asses. "A herd that size'll rip the house down." 

Lori comes out of the house quickly, "Carl's gone." She says, panicked. "What?" Daryl asks. 

"He-he was upstairs. I can't find him anywhere." She pants. "Maybe he's hiding." Glenn offers. "He's supposed to be upstairs, I'm not leaving without my boy!" 

"We're not. We're gonna look again and we're gonna find him!" Carol reassures, running into the house with Lori. "That's weird." I whisper. "What?" Glenn asks. 

"If Carl goes, Alyssa goes." I look at everybody. "He must've forced her to stay back." 

My heart is pounding, I can feel the blood and adrenaline rushing through my veins. My fingers feel numb and I can't tell it's the Walkers or,