Chapter 34- Debrief

I feel like I can barely move my legs as I climb out of bed, the aftermath of last night is rough. My legs feel like I've just done the most intense workout of my life...I have. I feel my legs shake ever so slightly as I stand up, my thighs burn

"Damn you." I whisper, smirking. I stretch and quickly change into a tight, blood red tank top and black ripped jeans. 

I make my way out into the lounge area, walking a little stiff but hopefully not stiff enough to raise any eyebrows- other than Daryl. He chuckles at the sight of my stiff legs and looks away, trying not to draw attention to either of us. 

"Adrian," Damien starts, not looking at me yet. "We still have a fuck ton of weed and so you and I should totally- holy fuck. Holy fuck. Ho...ly. Fuck." His eyes land onto my neck. 

Shit the tattoo. Does he know about it? Probably. 

Damien grabs my wrist and yanks me to a corner; I wince in pain as the sudden movement causes my legs to shake even more. 

"Is that a fucking hickey on your neck?!" Damien whisper-yells, his face full of pure joy and slight surprise. 

My heart drops and I cover the area that I remember Daryl kissing on the most. 

"No." I mumble. "Oh that totally is a hickey. Holy shit, Adrian! I was fucking right! It's Daryl isn't it. Who else would it be? I saw the way y'all avoided each other's eye contact, how you basically came right then and there watching him hold Lil' Ass-kicker like that. Bro! Are y'all dating? Was it a fuck or just a make out? If it was fucking was it a good fuck? Who am I kidding, Daryl's hot as shit, of course it was a good fuck. Did you-" 

"Shut the fuck up!" I whisper-yell through gritted teeth. "No! No we didn't fuck." Damien snorts, "Bullshit but alright. I can see your legs shaking." I look down and notice my knees twitch a bit. "Fuck you." I retort, having nothing else to say. 

He grabs my wrist and drags me to my cell, sitting both of us on the bed. "Tell me...everything. Does he whimper? Oh he totally whimpers." 

I can't keep my excitement in any longer, so I laugh and exclaim, "Yeah!" Damien and I laugh together, and he celebrates, "Holy fuck. Who told you? Hm... it almost seems like I called it." 

After a debrief session, every little detail shared, Damien has the biggest smile plastered on his face. 

"I can't tell who's hotter. Him or you." I smile, "Both." Damien laughs and agrees, "How bad did it hurt when you woke up?" "I thought my legs were on fire." Damien chuckles, "So it really was good." "Oh fuck yeah." Damien snorts, "Did you just quote yourself last night?"

I smile, "Maybe." Damien shakes his head and waves his hands, "Wait, wait. So if I walked outside, I could have heard your moans?" I scoff, "Probably. They were pretty loud." He laughs, "Oh I bet." 

He giggles like a little schoolgirl, "And you guys aren't dating?" I shake my head, "No. And I think I like it that way. Nick and I have been broken up for years but... I dunno." He groans loudly and exaggeratedly, "God you should get on with it. I've been rooting for Dadrian for like...ever." I chuckle, "Apparently so has he." 

"WHAT?!" Damien exclaims, a little too loud. "Shh! And yes, apparently he's wanted me since Nick." 

"Oh believe me, I saw it in his eyes. Especially when you passed the fuck out on him after your..." His voice trails off. "After my dad died. Yeah, you can say it. I won't break down crying. Anyways- I FELL ASLEEP ON HIM?!" "You didn't know?! Yes, you fell asleep on him! After a few minutes he finally gave up on trying to keep the group there because he didn't want to disturb you so he carried you to one of the cars and laid you down so you could continue to sleep." 

I burry my face in my hands, "Oh my god." "I know! Hot as hell if you ask me. Dude, I don't know why you denied that Daryl is hot. If he weas gay- wooh!" Damien puts a fist to his mouth and shakes his head. "I would hit that shit any day." I laugh, "Oh, I know." 

"I think it's funny that everyone noticed y'all look at each other and then quickly look away and then that night you guys fucked." He chuckles, "Soulmates for sure. Though... literally everyone expected it." I smile, "No way."

"Psh! Yes way. Dude, I remember talking to Alyssa and Carl about it and they were saying how cute you guys would be since you're both dicks but also really sweet." I scoff, "Yeah but that's Alyssa...and Carl. Nobody else-" "Oh yes they have. I could see it in the way everyone smiled when you guys quickly looked away from each other." 

I groan, "They noticed." "Oh you noticed that they noticed." "Yeah, but I'm choosing to forget that I noticed that they noticed." "Noticed." Damien repeats, chuckling. "Whatever." 

Damien lifts his arms and stretches, tense from our hour long debrief. "When I said every detail, I meant every detail. And you gave me every detail." He smiles, "We're definitely best friends if you can tell me how deep his dick went without any awkwardness between us." "Damien, you told me how your ex used to jerk you off in public bathrooms... there is no more awkward between us. I could be butt-ass naked and not give a fuck." "Aw." He puts a hand on his heart. "That's so sweet." 

I laugh, nudging his shoulder. 

"So...how long until you guys make it official?" "I don't know. I don't know if we ever will." I shrug, "I guess we'll find out." "Will you say yes if he asks?" "I dunno." 

He nods, "You should. And you will. Or else... I'll smoke all of the weed and not share." "Woah, hey now. Let's take a step back. That's a very serious threat, Damien." He chuckles, "Welp." 

I groan, "Okay, how about this. I will say yes if he asks. I'm not asking him." Damien nods, "Deal." We shake hands. 

"Okay, now." He slaps his hands on his thighs and stands up, "We go see how Daryl reacts when I hint to him that I know." 

"Oh my god." He pulls me up and I tilt my head back and laugh, imagining the look on Daryl's face. 

Once we make our way out of the cell block and to the lounge area, Rick is holding the baby and walking outside. 

"Damn, what'd we miss during our...debrief session?" Daryl raises his eyebrows. Damien chuckles, "I was totally right." He whispers to Daryl. 

"So, Damien. Hypothetically, what if I kill you?" I ask, grabbing his wrist and pulling him outside to follow Rick.

All at the same time- almost as soon as we step outside, Rick, Damien, and I's eyes land on a woman holding a basket of baby formula. 

"What the-" Rick whispers.