Chapter 73- What Was the Plan?

We're all down by the horde of Walkers, ready to do a dress rehearsal of the plan before tomorrow when we actually do the plan.

Rick stands before all of us on top of a truck, "I know this sounds insane," He booms. "But this is an insane world. We have to come for them before they come for us. It's that simple. This is where it all starts tomorrow." 

I look past Rick and see hundreds of thousands of Walkers. All snarling and growling, trying desperately to get out of the confines of the trucks and rocks. 

"Tobin gets in the truck, opens the exit and we're off. He hops out, catches up with his team at red, staying on the west side of the road." 

There are multiple rendezvous, red, yellow, orange, and green, all signaled by balloons of that color.  Everyone is assigned to meet at one of them at least. 

"Daryl gets on his bike-" Rick's words are cut off by rumbling from behind him. 

"You see that?" Sasha asks, pointing to one of the semi-trucks on the cliff.

When all of us look, a piece of rock breaks from under the semi-truck and it falls, slamming into the ground below. 

"It's open!" Rick screams. "We gotta do this now! We're doin' this now!" He runs off the truck as all of us disperse quickly. 

"Rick, I'll hit the tractor place." Glenn tells Rick quickly. 

"Okay, who else?" He asks. 

Glenn nods to me and I run with him to Heath. "We got to take them out or they'll distract the horde." Glenn says to Heath. 

"I'm here, let me help." Nicholas says. 

"No." Glenn and I both say at the same time. 

"I'm here!" Nicholas yells again. 

"Do everything we say!" Glenn asserts to Nicholas, motioning to Glenn and me. 

Nicholas nods quickly "I will." He says and Glenn looks at me, "You sure you can do this with your hand?" 

I cock my head to the side with an "Are you kidding me?" expression.

Glenn gets the hint and the four of us take off running to a car, trying to get to the tractor place as quickly as possible. 

"Adrian!" Damien runs up to me before heading off with Scott and Annie. "Try not to beat Nicholas' ass, 'ight? We don't need you pissing off Glenn." 

I scoff and nod, "I'll think about it." 

Damien flashes me a grin before heading off again.

Glenn and Heath shoot two flares in the air quickly, looking back to check if there are any Walkers. We all run through an alleyway of cars before jumping into one and gunning it. 

I'm in the passenger seat with Glenn in the driver's and Nicholas and Heath in the back. 

I quickly open the dashboard and search quickly for Ibuprofen, Tylenol, literally any pain medication for the excruciating pain in my hand that I refuse to admit. I'm comfortable taking easy, shitty medication like that but any stronger medication I know it won't just be for the pain. 

Glenn looks at me suspiciously but doesn't say anything. 

"My hand feels like it's exploding, I'm just looking for- fuck yeah!" I exclaim, grabbing a half-empty bottle of Tylenol

"I thought you said you were good to do this, even with your hand?" Glenn asks. 

"I am. I'm right-handed, my left hand is basically useless. I'll be fine." I open a bottle of water and down three pills, washing it all down with lukewarm water.