Chapter 52- The Fall

(TW!! Mentions of abuse, drug usage, decapitation, and war!!)

It's been a few days, we're back at the prison and my wound is perfectly normal again. 

To say Alyssa was pissed would be an understatement. 

"You left!" She yells, jumping up off of her bunk. 

I hang my head in regret as she approaches my masked figure. "They needed a p-" 

"Look at me while you're telling these lies!" She orders, stomping her foot. I wince and look up at her. 

Her eyes are narrowed her jaw is clenched, her hands are on her hips and she's looking at me like a mom looks at a kid who just took candy from the jar after being told no. 

"Well?" 

"They needed an extra person and I volunteered." "And you didn't even say goodbye? You could have died!" The mom-like figure squeals, throwing her hands up.

I purse my lips and nod, "I know, I know."

She's still slightly pissed at me but I'm convinced Alyssa forgets anything after like a day or two. 

"How's the foot...not-foot...foot." Damien peeks his head into Daryl and I's cell. 

I scoff, "It's fine. I can't even feel it anymore." Damien nods and fully steps into the cell, leaning against the wall. I'm putting my laundry away in my dresser so I can't see him.

"'s Alyssa still pissed?" 

I nod, "I think so." I turn around and lean on the dresser, now facing Damien. "She's right. I left without telling her and I could have died." I shake my head and run a hand through my hair. "God I'm an ass," I whisper. 

"Hey," His voice is soft as he approaches me. "Yeah, you are." I groan and nod,

"Thanks." Damien smiles a downturned smile and nods.

"Just here to tell the truth. But listen, you would have left-"

 "Get out." Daryl rasps, storming into the cell. Damien quickly turns to him before shooting me a confused glance. 

I shrug but by the look in Daryl's eyes, he's about to cry. 

I nod to Damien and he nods back, walking out without another word.

I turn to look at Daryl who is pacing angrily around the cell. "Daryl?" I squeak, nervously. 

I can't deny that I'm nervous to be in the same cell as Daryl. I don't think Daryl would ever lay a finger on me but there are a few thoughts in the back of my head that on one certain occasion, his fist will connect with my jaw.

"Rick made Carol leave." He doesn't look at me as we speak. 

"What?" I gasp, stepping closer slowly. 

"She killed Karen and David, Rick didn' want 'er here." 

"Oh my god," I whisper, looking away from Daryl. 

I don't think Daryl wants to talk about it anymore because he quickly changes the subject, "Where's the wax for my crossbow strings?" 

I point to my backpack, "Somewhere in there." He nods and grabs my backpack. I turn around and begin loading my laundry into my dresser again. His hand digs around quickly before it stops at the bottom of my bag. 

After hearing his hand stop, I realize that the wax is in the front pocket, not at the bottom. But the Dilaudid is. 

I told Daryl I'd stopped after I had to admit it to save Alyssa. He believed me, no questions asked.