Chapter 23- Glass

(TW!! Mentions of suicide!!)

Maggie is screaming for Beth, pounding on the wood door. Lori and I look at each other. "Oh fuck." I whisper. Lori and I run into the room. "Maggie?" Lori asks. "She's in there, I heard glass." My heart stops. 

"Beth?" Lori says, standing next to Maggie and pounding on the door. "Beth, Beth don't do this please." Maggie pushes off the door and begins looking through drawers. "I left her with Andrea." Maggie curses at herself. Lori and I lock eyes. I sigh and clench my jaw. 

How long do I think it'll take for me to rip all of her teeth out with just my fingers?

"Where's a key?" Lori asks, still pounding on the door. "I don't know." Maggie says, slamming drawers shut. "Beth, honey, please open the door I'm not mad. I'm not mad." I put my hand on Maggie's shoulder. "Watch out." Maggie and Lori back up from the door, I do too. I run towards it and kick my foot right next to the doorknob twice until the door opens. 

When the door opens, Beth turns around, her hand over her bloodied wrist. I swear I can feel my own wrist tingling at the sight. 

"I'm sorry." She whimpers. My mind immediately goes back to Alyssa screaming for me to open the tent. Seeing Maggie run up to Beth, tears streaming down her face makes me realize what I put my own sister through. I think Lori notices how badly the sight triggered me because she grabs my hand and interlocks her fingers with mine. "It's already in the past honey." She whispers. "You're okay now."

I back out of the room and stand on the porch. Rage starts at my toes and builds its way up to my brain, my body becoming warm. "ANDREA!" I scream, alerting her to come to the house. 

Somewhat quickly, Andrea comes running. 

Maggie and Lori come out when Andrea approaches the house. "Where were you?" Maggie spits. "I heard. Is she all right?" Andrea looks around, panting. 

"She would be if you had stayed with her, where were you?" I smirk, finally someone else is being mean to Andrea other than me. 

"how bad is she?" Andrea looks at Lori. "It wasn't deep." Lori responds, looking at her feet. 

Andrea looks at me and can see the anger in my eyes. I begin to walk down the steps, Andrea begins to slowly walk back. "Adrian-Adrian! She made her decision!" She says, putting her hands out. "She tried to kill herself!" Maggie fumed. "No she didn't." Andrea corrects Maggie. "My father is stitching her wrist right now!" "The fuck?!" I yell, taking one step and getting in Andrea's face. 

"She'll live." Andrea smirks, craning her neck to get slightly in my face then walking to the left of me. She begins to walk into the house but Maggie stops her. "Stay away from her. From both of us. Don't you dare step foot inside this house again." 

Andrea looks at Lori for help, but Lori just stares at Andrea. She doesn't even look in my direction because she knows if she locks eyes with me, I'm gonna shove my gun down her throat and pull the trigger. 

Andrea sighs and turns, walking away from the house. 

I decide to go after her, I'm gonna try to actually talk to her. I'm not gonna yell, hit, or try to feed her to the Walkers. 

"Adrea!" I call out, jogging up to her. She tenses and turns to me. "Adrian, if you're going to yell at me, I don't want to hear it." I scoff, "No. No that's not why I'm coming to you. I want to actually...talk." "Really?" She sounds appalled. 

"Yes. But if you say some shit that I don't like, I'm not gonna give you a warning." She nods, "'kay. If you're talking to me about Beth, then get it over with."