Chapter 33- Must, Pine trees, and Cigarettes

(TW!! smut :D!!)

I decided to take a walk around the outside area of the prison at around nine o'clock. I was bored, the only people I talk to are asleep and I'm not tired. 

After I finish walking the perimeter of our fenced in area, I decide to walk around the courtyard, basking in the gentle breeze and brisk air. The stars are bright tonight, so I decide to lay on the grass and look up at the stars, something Lori and I did in the few months before the prison. 

I sit in silence for a moment, enjoying the peace that washes over my body. 

Peace until the sound of footsteps behind me causes me to quickly stand up and unsheathe my dagger. Daryl stands there, not even fazed buy my dagger pointed at him. 

"Jesus." I sigh. "Make yourself known before I have a goddamn heart attack." "Sorry." He mutters. I put my dagger back in its holder and sit back down, Daryl sits next to me. 

"Why're you out here?" He asks, looking at me. I shrug, "I dunno. Got bored, thought everyone was asleep so I just came out here. I used to love looking at the stars as a kid. I did it with Lori a lot when we were moving around. He nods and chews on his bottom lip. 

A big gust of wind causes goosebumps to rise on my arms, I shiver slightly but nothing to make e want to go inside and grab a jacket. 

"Here," Daryl takes his cloth (kind of looks like a blanket) poncho off and offers it to me. "I don't need it." It feels like my eyes have a mind of their own because without warning, my eyes dart to his defined arm muscles. 

I stammer and look up at him, he's smirking ever so slightly. "Tha- uh- thank you." I stammer, taking his poncho. It's still warm from being on his body all day, the faint smell of him lingers on it. 

I wrap myself in it and avoid his gaze, I feel like if I look at him, my eyes are going to turn to hearts.

I can feel my heart beating in my chest, I can hear it too. I wouldn't be surprised if Daryl can hear it because it's really loud. The faint feeling of heat rises to my cheeks and nose and I begin to fidget with my fingers. 

Jesus, not even Glenn did this to me.

Daryl chuckles, a low, rumbling chuckle that makes my head spin. "What?" I ask, quickly looking at him. He smirks and motions to me fidgetting. "Somethin' got you nervous?"

Yeah, you.

I scoff, "No. What do you mean? Of course not...no." 

Jesus Adrian.

I've never been like this with anybody. No matter how much I liked them, I would always tease them and play hard to get but...Daryl has this effect on me. Maybe it's because I've known him for so long that I'm not worried about him not liking anything about me because he already knows about all of it. 

He chuckles again, "Okay then." I hadn't realized how close we were sitting until I feel his shoulder lightly brush against the poncho around my shoulders. 

I finally work up enough courage to look at him because I'm pretty sure he's not looking at me.

When I do, I realize I was wrong. I quickly look away, but a firm hand grabs my jaw and turns my head to the left. 

Daryl holds my jaw tight but not rough as he gazes into my eyes, searching for something. I feel my breath shudder ever so slightly, so does he. 

"You have no idea...do you?" Daryl smirks, his eyes move from my eyes to my lips, then back to my eyes.