Chapter 50- Wound

(TW!! Mentions of drug usage and alcoholism!!)

I giggle, "Keep talkin' and I'll shove my foot so far up your ass you'll taste it." "I'll taste what, the metal or the skin?" I scoff, "Both. I'll lay on the ground and shove both of 'em up there." 

"I'm gay so maybe I'll like it." "Damien!" I yell with a laugh. "Oh my fucking god you're so-I don't even know." My words come out through laughs; the rock still being kicked between my feet. 

Damien kicks his rock a little far but quickly runs to begin kicking it again. Damien opens his mouth to speak but Daryl's whistle interrupts us. I quickly turn to look at Daryl.

"Let's go!" He yells. I look away from Daryl and to Damien. Sweat rolls down my temple as the burning hot sun cooks us alive. 

"Intermission until we're back on our feet and out of the car?" I ask. Damien nods and picks up his rock, "Intermission." 

I nod and pick up my, now decently round, rock and put it in my backpack. 

Michonne and Tyreese stand up from the tree trunk they were sitting on and walk toward the car, Damien and I follow. 

Michonne grabs her rock, "Intermission?" "Intermission." I say, nodding. 

As we all pile into the humid ass car, I release a breath of hot air. "Jesus H. Christ feels like I'm sittin' in..." I pause for a moment. "I'm too hot for a snarky comment right now, never mind." I pant. "You're hot all the time shut the fuck up." Damien retorts, rolling his eyes. 

"Aw." I put a hand on my heart and smile a downturned smile. "That's so sweet." I pretend to fake cry and Damien just nudges me with his shoulder. "Any time. If you get sick of Daryl, hit me up." He winks at me and giggles. 

Daryl looks at us confusedly from the passenger seat- Bob is driving and stares at us. I smile, "Hello."

"Anything that ends in '-cillin' or 'cin' grab." Bob says, walking into the medicine room of the college. 

I stand in the doorway, staring at all of the pill bottles. 

You're not here for that. You're here to save the sick people- and possibly Alyssa, at the prison. Don't turn this into another drug raid. You have Dilaudid in your backpack, and Ecstasy, Fentanyl, Xanax, and Adderall in your dresser. You don't need any more.

My fingers itch to grab all of those pill bottles and shove them into my backpack. My mind races and I pick at my cuticles, it feels like I can hear the medicine saying "Adrian. Adrian, we're right here. C'mon. Think of the joy you get when you use us.

Go do something different. Don't step foot into this room.

I begin to slowly back away from the doorway. I gasp quietly as I bump into Damien. 

"Good god." I exhale, putting a hand on my heart. "Okay Casper, Jesus." I mumble. "Why don't you and I go look for extras? Food, water, whatever. I checked with Daryl, he said it was fine. He and I both agree that we don't want you in this room." 

I sigh, "I like that idea." Damien smiles and motions for me to begin walking with him. 

I look back at the room before walking down the hallway to the left. 

"So, I have a question," Damien says cautiously, kicking his rock while walking. 

"Oh god," I grunt, tilting my head back. "What's up?" 

"So...you know how you know Judith is your half-sister? Or at least...you think she is since Lori kind of... you know." 

I nod, "Mhm."