Chapter 39- Secret Apology

(TW!! Mentions of drug usage/being high on drugs!!) 

I put the needle and syringe back in my backpack, my world spins as the new dosage sets in. My breath shudders as I adjust to the feeling. 

"Adrian!" Alyssa calls from the distance. 

I groan, "Jesus, can I never have one singular moment to be high in fucking peace?" I mumble. "Coming!" I yell back, struggling to stand up. 

I toss my backpack onto my shoulders and walk out of the bathroom. My legs shake as I use the wall to help me walk, my brain feels like it's spinning. 

As I approach the cell block, I close my eyes and inhale deeply- trying to hide the fact that I'm on drugs. 

Once my brain's spinning stops, I step into the cell block and walk to my cell. I don't see Damien or Alyssa. I sigh and toss my backpack on my bunk. 

"I see you had some fun." I hear Damien's voice from behind me. I groan, "Get out." "I'm here to tell you to go to the lounge area, we're making plans." I turn around and look at him. He looks me up and down, "Try to not act so high." He turns on his heel and walks away. "Dick." I mumble, throwing a t-shirt on and walking out of my cell.

When I make it to the lounge area, everyone minus Rick is there, surrounding Carl, Alyssa, and Glenn who are sitting on the ground. Michonne is even there, she's leaning against one of the cages. 

Glenn is drawing a map with chalk on the concrete ground of the prison- or Woodbury,

I'm too high for this shit.

Everybody is surrounding him as he speaks. "Now you said you found Tyreese's group here?" Glenn points to a corner on the drawn map. 

Okay, so it's the prison. 

Carl nods, "Yeah." Alyssa is sitting right next to him, crisscrossed with like an inch between them. 

"We secured this." Glenn points to another corner. "He thought he came through here." Carl says, pointing to a box on the map. 

"Means there's another breach." Glenn sighs. "The whole front of the prison is unsecure. If Walkers are just strolling in then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men." 

"Why are we even so sure he's going to attack? Maybe you scared 'im off." Beth asks, looking around. 

I scoff, "You didn't see the way they were shootin' at us. If they took hostages, they're definitely gonna retaliate." My words are slightly slurred but I don't think anybody notices. 

"He had fish tanks full of heads. Walkers and humans, trophies." Michonne looks around at all of us, "He's coming." 

Her voice sounds truthful, the look in her eye explains it all.  

"We should hit him now." Glenn says. "What?" Beth's voice sounds breathless, nervous. 

"It's better to get him when he doesn't expect it than him get us when we don't expect it." I slur, crossing my arms and stumbling a bit as I try to lean on the wall. 

"Adrian's right." Glenn looks at me and then at everyone else. "He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head." Glenn's voice is full of anger. '

"We're not assassins." Carol says. "No but he is." I grunt. Glenn doesn't respond, he stands up and approaches Michonne. 

"You know where his apartment is. You and I could end this tonight." 

"Yo?" I throw my hands up. "The bitch's men shot me. I wanna help." Glenn looks at me, "Yeah, sure. You're scary so it'll be good." "Aw." I smile, "Thanks." I slur slightly, rocking on my heels.