Chapter 6- Escape

(TW!! Mentions of S/H and Drug usage!)

I haven't been able to sleep all night, I've just been laying on my cot, staring at the top of the tent. 

My guess is that it's around 8 o'clock A.M. 

I look at my wrist, gashes still carved into it. 

A sigh leaves my mouth as I continue to stare at my wrist. The edges have started to scab very lightly and it's taking everything in me not to pick at the scab. 

"Like why? It's the middle of the summer and I'm gonna be wearing short sleeve shirts."

The zipper on my tent unzips and Glenn steps into the tent. 

"Hey, um..." Glenn says softly. He tugs at his earlobe awkwardly. "I just, wanted to make sure you were okay and your um...marks weren't like...infected." 

I roll my eyes though I think it's kind of sweet that he cares since not many people do. 

"Yeah." I look down and pick at my cuticles. "Yeah, my wrist is fine." I look at Glenn again and he nods. 

"Okay well uh-I'll just-" He points to the entrance to my tent, signaling he's about to leave. 

I nod in response, not verbalizing anything. 

"Alright then, um...see ya'." Glenn puts his hand up awkwardly as a wave and turns to head out of the tent. 

"Wait uh-Glenn?" 

"God I can't believe I'm about to do this.

"Yeah?" He responds, turning his head and looking at me.

I hesitate, not wanting to seem weak. 

"Tha-uh...thank you." 

A genuine smile grows on Glenn's face, his pupils slightly dilate when I thank him. While this is happening, I realize how rare that is for me-to thank someone and to genuinely be nice(ish) to someone. 

"Yeah, of course." He response, turning and walking away. 

Without noticing it, I find myself smiling at the excitement in Glenns eyes when, for the first time ever, I said thank you to someone in this group. 

Glenn doesn't think I'm weak for saying thank you...right? 

"Yo! Adrian, we're cleaning up out here." Daryl yells from outside of my tent. 

"Okay." I say with attitude. 

I stand up and grab my bag of Fentanyl pills, open the bag, and reach in and grab a pill. I make sure to look around so that I know nobody is watching me and unsheathe my dagger. I place the Fentanyl on my cot, cut it super small and then crush it with my fist. I lean down and inhale through my nose, the crushed-up pill entering my system. 

I stand up straight again and take a deep breath, already feeling the euphoria in my system. 

I wipe the white powder off of my knife and put it back in its holster, grabbing my gun at the same time. 

I grab my only black converses and run out of the tent quickly. 

My eyes immediately land on Andrea over Amy's dead body, still

My hands begin to shake, and I can already feel my brain become foggy. "What if Amy doesn't turn and all of the Walkers were just a big group of people playing a big joke and we just killed a bunch of people?" Yep. The Fentanyl kicked in. I smile at the feeling; it feels like nothing is going on around us...minus the occasional paranoia.