Chapter 122- Rendezvous

(TW!! Mentions of Nick's bitch ass!!)

We've found Carol and Eugene, something I was not happy about but swore to Alyssa I wasn't gonna slit her throat. Not something I wish I had to agree to but, whatever.

"What the hell happened back there?" Yumiko asks Magna as Magna and I sit on a fallen tree and Alyssa and Yumiko sit around us. I feel like I can't get close enough to Magna after convincing myself she was dead. I'm sitting across from her with one hand on top of hers and the other on her knee.

"We killed the skins. Then we crawled back into the cave." Magna's covered in Walker guts, she's dirty and tired. I can hear it in her deep, rumbly, low voice. "The sickos were either dead or...trapped under rocks from the..." Her voice trails off and she looks at Carol. 

I squeeze her hand tighter and nod, "Did you get hurt?" 

She shakes her head, "No. Inejra's got a cut on her bicep but Connie and I are fine." 

Got, not had.

Magna stares into my eyes, "We kept pushing...searching...took a turn and before we knew it, we were in the horde." Magna and I glare at Carol who is standing a few feet away from us, watching us. "Connie, Inejra, and I stuck together. Connie's hand in mine, Inejra's in Connie's." Magna looks at me with traumatized eyes. "The sickos pushed forward. Got between us..." She begins to hold in tears, though, I can tell by her eyes she's not doing very good at it. "Connie's hand...her hand just...slipped out of mine. And I...I couldn't find either of them again." I shush her quietly and pull her into my chest, hugging her tightly. 

"You're leaving?" I ask as Carol begins to walk away. 

"Adrian," Alyssa whispers almost soundlessly. I know she hates Carol too, but I also know that right now, we're all we have. And she's taking that very seriously. We turn on each other now, we may never get to the rendezvous but...who gives a fuck. 

Carol turns around, "I just wanna get there before dark." 

"You know, Carol...she's been through hell. She'll probably need more time to rest." I grunt, narrowing my eyes. 

"Stay as long as you like." Carol replies. 

"Alright, you're just gonna leave her behind?" I spit, standing up and storming over to Carol. "Just like you did at the cave?" 

"I didn't say that." Carol says as I stand in front of her, her eyes immediately drawn to my clenched fists. 

"Instead of ignorin' her...you could beg for fuckin' forgiveness because you are the reason she had to go through that. ." I shrug, "Or, you can beg me for forgiveness while I scalp you." I roughly rip Damien's knife out of my holster but quickly feel Alyssa's arms on mine. 

"Adrian, stop." Alyssa orders in my ear. 

Carol stares at me, "You think that's what she wants from me? Like it'll fix anything? We go through shit, to go through shit- " 

"UGH!" I grunt, punching her in the face with my left hand. Before I straighten up, I bend over slightly and start coughing, the smoke inhalation is kicking my ass. Alyssa throws her hands up and walks back to the tree, knowing she can't do shit to keep this from happening. Carol gasps and her head whips to the side as she holds onto her jaw.

"Oh! But it's okay for you to want to do that to Alpha! It's okay for you to want that and risk my girlfriend, my little sister, Inejra, everybody's lives for that?!" I can feel my ears heat up, even seeing Carol holding in tears is making me more pissed. Why the hell is she crying? I'll make her cry if she really wants that. She thinks she's so fucking scary and badass? Then, she hasn't seen me. I clench my jaw and storm back to Magna, huffing angrily as I sit back on the tree.