Chapter 107- Journey

We've been on the way for a little over two hours. Michonne, Siddiq, and I are on the horses while the new group and D.J. are in the horse-pulled carriage. 

Alyssa wasn't ecstatic that I was going but thankfully just said "Trust no one. Love you." and walked away. 

It's hotter than the pits of hell out here and I feel like I'm going to melt and drip off of my horse. I can practically hear the sun buzzing above us but unfortunately, we're nowhere near the Hilltop or nighttime so I get no break from the heat. The wind is non-existent too so we're on our own.

"How much further have the patrols cleared?" Michonne asks. 

"'Till the route D riverbend. Their rig's about five miles past that. If their story checks out." D.J. responds, looking at Michonne and then at Yumiko. 

I haven't grown very fond of D.J. He always hit on me at the Sanctuary and then at the camp for the bridge he always found a way to be an ass. He's tried to make up for being a creep, ass, and dick all in one. 

I don't hate him or dislike him. I just don't like him. 

"You'd feel better if you just say it." Michonne says to Siddiq, not looking at him. 

"What makes you think I wanna say something?" He asks. 

"I'm not hearing you deny it." 

Siddiq rolls his eyes, "I was gonna tell you that I'm glad you changed your mind about them." 

Michonne smirks, "But you think I should've let them stay in Alexandria." 

"Well, you're going pretty far out of your way not to." He inhales air through his teeth, "Considering." 

 "Considering what?" Michonne says more than asks. 

"That you like these guys." 

"Really? That's what I think? " She scoffs. 

"Uh-huh. I mean, I'm not hearing you deny it." 

Damn, since when has Siddiq been this sassy?

Siddiq for a while was going out of his way to seemingly apologize to Alyssa or prove how sorry he was. She felt horrible for him because she knew he didn't mean for Carl to get killed. 

It's quiet for a moment before Michonne says, "Doesn't mean I trust them." 

After a bit of silent, sign language conversation Magna says, "No, no, it's not cool. I want my damn knives." 

Michonne sighs and shakes her head but chooses not to say anything. 

Yumiko turns to Magna, "Look, I'm sorry about Magna. She can be a bit hotheaded." 

"That's one word for it." Michonne says. 

"She's been on edge since we lost Bernie." Yumiko informs her. 

Siddiq looks at her, "Was he with you long?" He asks. 

She sighs, "Long enough. He loved getting under Magna's skin. He, um, used to wear this absolutely horrid shirt. It was like looking into creation itself. In paisley. God, it was horrendous. But, Magna hated it. She said looking at it gave her a migraine." 

Jesus, Magna reminds me of me.

"So Bernie wore it every day for a week. Honestly, I think she came around on the shirt. Just like she came around on him." Yumiko finishes, allowing her eyes to drift in front of her as she reminisces memories with Bernie. 

"Like family." Michonne adds, looking at her. 

"This place...Hilltop. It's safe?" Yumiko asks. 

"It is." Michonne confirms, pulling her attention back to the road ahead.