Chapter 61- Tainted Meat

I pace the room uncomfortably, my heart beating fast, "Daryl hasn't come back. I'm going out for him." I turn to walk out of the church when Alyssa grabs my wrist. 

"No! We have to wait for Rick to come back with Sasha and Tyreese. You can't go out there alone." 

"The hell I can't, 'Lyss!" Irritation and worry cloud my vision. "Jesus, we're being hunted like prey by those pricks from Terminus! For all I fuckin' know, Daryl could be shot somewhere!" 

Alyssa clenches her jaw irritatedly, "Yeah, you're right, he could be. But you could get shot straight after! You need to stay here until Rick comes back. Once he comes back, we can think of a plan-" 

The doors of the church slam open and Rick, Sasha, and Tyreese walk in. No Daryl

They all walk up to Gabriel, who is cleaning up around the church. 

"Stop." Sasha grunts. Gabriel stops cleaning and turns to look at her. "What are you doing?" She asks, condescendingly. He looks around confusedly and slowly approaches her, she steps closer as well. 

"What...are...you doing?" Her voice is full of venom. Inejra steps away from watching Alyssa and me and walks over to them. 

"This is all connected." Sasha queries. "You show up, we're being watched," Gabriel looks around, nervously. "And now three of us are gone." 

Gone.

"I..." Gabriel's voice trails off. 

"Alright, look, princess," Inejra stands in between Gabriel and Sasha. "I get it, your people are missing and you wanna find them or whatever. But just because Gabriel here was a pussy and didn't want to kill the Sickos doesn't mean we have anything to do with your missing people." 

"Inejra...Inejra and I don't have anything to do with this." Gabriel's voice is scared. Scared of being found out or not believed?

Sasha unsheathes her knife with a loud slice sound. "Wait!" Gabriel jumps back and pulls Inejra back with him. 

"Hey!" Inejra yells. "Put that fuckin' thing down. You touch Gabriel with that, no matter how goddamn annoying he is, and I will scalp you." She narrows her eyes at Sasha and stands confidently. 

Jesus, I love her.

Sasha disregards Inejra, "Who's out there?" She asks Gabriel. 

Because Inejra is being ignored, it pisses her off more as Sasha slowly approaches Gabriel. "Yo!" She stops her foot. "Back the fuck up! Don't treat me like I'm five because you and I both know damn well that I could drop you at any point in time." 

Finally, Sasha looks at Inejra, "Do you know something?" 

Inejra scoffs, "Oh my god. You're fucking insane. Like, gone." She takes a deep breath and glares at Sasha. "No. We both know nothing. Not put the goddamn knife away before I-" 

"Inejra," Gabriel warns, pulling her away slowly. "Get off of me!" She grunts, shoving his hand off of her shoulder though she doesn't move from his side. 

"We-we don't have anything to do with this-" "Where are our people?" Sasha gets close to Gabriel's face, her words come out through gritted teeth. 

 "I don't have anything to-" "Where are our people?!" Sasha screams, causing Gabriel to flinch slightly. 

"Lower your voice!" Inejra yells back. 

"Please, I don't have anything to do with this. I..." Rick slowly pulls Sasha away from Gabriel's trembling body.