Chapter 86- Night Terror

(HUGE TW!! Mentions of like...everything!!)

Negan, with his arm wrapped tightly around my bicep, leads me through a corridor. 

My fear hasn't faltered from earlier, the same clammy hands, the same lack of air. The farther we walk down the corridor, the harder my heart pounds, almost painfully. 

I don't take my eyes off the grey walls and floor, the rows of doors, and the few Saviors kneeling on the sides. 

My eyes are moving rapidly, searching for both an escape route and Nick. 

Nick. Mother Fucking. Golding. 

The man who caused me to overdose. The man who caused me to get addicted to drugs. The man who beat and raped me so hard I refused to be alone with a man for years. The man who ruined me. 

Inside and out.

I exhale a quiet, shaky breath though not quiet enough to go unnoticed by Negan. 

He chuckles behind me, "What, scared? Damn, don't know if I've ever heard of Adrian Walsh as scared before." 

Don't tell him your last name is the same last name as the man he kidnapped.

"Why would you help me e-escape Nick if you just wanted me to go b-back to him." The more I speak, the more flashbacks of Nick I get. The horrible trauma I tried so hard to shove down, is now coming up, almost out of my mouth. 

Pins and needles ring against my skin, causing Negan's rough grasp to become almost numb. 

Before bringing me to see Nick, Negan got me medicine for my migraine. He said it wouldn't be any fun if I was already in pain.

There's no way this is Negan.

There's no way he's bringing me to Nick.

After what feels like forever of walking, Negan stops in front of a door. 

My heart warms though my blood runs cold. Goosebumps raise the hair on my arms and neck and I can feel the scars on my back tingle in protest. 

Negan lets go of me and knocks on the door, "Delivery." 

Negan leans close to my ear, "Though, there is one rule. If he rapes you...come find me. Other than that..." He straightens up again.

"Negan," I whisper, my voice shaking a lot more than I would like it to. "Negan, I've been waiting to find you. I wanted to leave and find you but I never had the right chance to. Please...please do not make me see Nick, I-" 

My words immediately cut off as I hear the sound of a lock clicking. 

I bite my lip, much like Alyssa was doing last night, and my stomach twitches with concealed cries. 

Slowly, the door creaks open, revealing the man who I've been horrified to see since the day I left him. 

There he is, his dirty blonde hair shagging over his face, his scarily blue eyes, and his sharp cheekbone. And worse of all, his haunting smile. 

His hungry smile.

He's got a new scar, a small on one his cheek. I don't know if I want to know where it came from. He's wearing a white wife-beater, ironically, and jeans with a blue flannel and cowboy boots. The outfit he used to wear all the time.

"Adrian, fucking, Walsh." Nick whistles, looking me up and down. 

I tense, the sides of my elbows are pressed into my ribcage, and I'm frozen in place. I can't even speak.