Chapter 55- Claimers

(HUGE TW!! Mentions of s/a!!)

(OG POV (Adrian Walsh's):)
I sit down at the table in the morning just as Michonne says, "I wish we had some soy milk." As she's pouring her cereal into the bowl. 

Carl and I exchange disgusted glances as he says, "Seriously?" 

Michonne smiles, "Yes, seriously. Have you ever tried it?" 

"My best friend in third grade, he was allergic to dairy." I pour a bowl of cereal for myself as Carl continues talking.

"And every day he would bring this soy stuff to lunch. I tried it-" 

"And?" Michonne eagerly asks. 

"I threw up!" Carl says, laughing. I giggle as I spoon cereal into my mouth. 

Michonne scoffs, "Oh, yeah, right." 

"Alright, alright, I almost threw up. But I was like..." Carl fake gags and pretends to almost throw up. Michonne and I laugh as he says, "It was so gross. I mean, literally. I would rather have powdered milk than to drink that stuff again. I would rather have Judith's formula-" 

Everybody pauses and our smiles fade. It's silent for a moment before Carl stands up and says, "I'm gonna go finish my book. I have a couple chapters left." He walks out of the dining room and Michonne and I look at each other. 

She scoots her chair back and stands up, "I'm gonna go talk to Rick." 

I nod and sit back, leaving my bowl of cereal. 

Okay, Alyssa was on the bus which means they went east. I can head out tonight and head that way. If nobody wants to come I'll meet up with them here.

I stand up and walk into the living room to look for my dagger in my backpack. 

From the living room, I hear Rick say, "I can't be his father and his best friend." 

I leave the dagger and walk into the kitchen to see what they're talking about because I'm nosy. 

I lean against the doorframe behind Michonne. "What secrets are y'all not lettin' me in on?" 

Michonne turns to me, "Carl and I are gonna go from house to house. Look for stuff." I straighten up, "Oh, cool, I'll grab my st-" 

"No. Just Carl and I. Someone needs to be on Rick watch till we get back." 

I raise an eyebrow, "I'm pretty sure Rick can handle himself. My whip is too dry and has no Walker blood on it, please." 

"No. You need to stay here in case there's complications with Rick." I scoff, 

"'Complications.'" I mutter. 

Michonne smirks and walks past me, "You were complaining about getting no sleep last night." She turns and walks backward. "Now's your chance."

"But shouldn't I be with Rick all hours of the day and have my finger up his ass to check his heart rate?" 

"We'll be back by noon!" Her voice comes from the stairs, I can't see her but I can tell she's laughing to herself. 

"Adrian." I hear Rick's voice from behind me. I turn around and look at him. He looks like shit

He's got a cut on his nose and basically everywhere else on his body, a black eye while the other one is swollen shut, and a cut lip. His brown flannel is missing a sleeve and he's covered in dirt and sweat. 

"Carl brought something up yesterday." He recalls, his voice is raspy and deep. 

I tilt my head in confusion, "And..."