Chapter 16- Broken Promise

(TW!! Mentions of overdosing and s/h!)

I find myself running, tears falling down my face. Alyssa is chasing after me. "Adrian!" She calls. I barely even hear her. My backpack is calling for me, I swear I can hear it. 

I rush into my tent, zip-tying the zipper shut so that she can't get in. "Adrian open the tent!" She yells, banging on the door. 

"Go the fuck away Alyssa!" I scream, rummaging through my backpack. My hands land on all of the drugs I took out of that car, including the unidentified pill in the bag. 

My vision is blinded by tears so I wipe at my eyes, my hands shaking as I open the Ziploc bag. 

"Adrian please!" Her voice cracks but I can tell she's trying to maintain her composure. 

My shaking hands grab the six pills in the bag and a bottle of water, I toss the pills in my mouth then take a drink of water, washing them down. Onto the next bottle, Ecstasy. I haven't taken this since the night I overdosed. 

I dump all of the pills into my mouth and take them three at a time, washing them down with water each time. By the time I've taken all of the Ecstasy and the unknown pill, I've taken nineteen pills. My world begins to shake, I can barely make my hands move to my backpack to grab my bottle of Fentanyl

Before I manage to grab it, Alyssa's words fade out and I feel myself collapse onto the ground. 

"Alyssa!" A muffled noise comes from outside the tent.

"Lori please! I think Adrian's doing something bad you have to open the tent, please!" She sobs. I hear Glenns voice say, "Shit! What do we do?!" Then Rick's saying, "Lori! Go grab Hershel right now incase something's happened, we need him here stat!" I hear departing footsteps. 

With the leftover strength that I have, I grab my dagger and dig it into my wrist, blood falling onto the tent. 

You should have told him. You shouldn't have lied to everyone...and yourself. You deserve this. 

Those words repeat over and over in my mind.

My body goes limp and I'm just barely conscious when I see a knife plunge into the tent door and see Glenn, Alyssa, Rick, and Daryl all standing there, Daryl is holding the knife. 

Alyssa gasps and turns away, Daryl runs into the tent, his eyes lay onto my wrist and my empty pill bottles. 

"She overdosed! Adrian! Adrian can you hear me?!" He yells, shaking me. "You were right..." I manage to croak out before the world goes black. 

(Third person view:) "Where the hell is Hershel?!" Rick screams, Hershel comes running up. Daryl is still shaking Adrian, he's put a bandanna on her cut up wrist and forearm. Alyssa sobs and collapses to the ground, Dale runs up and holds onto her. 

"What the hell happened?!" Hershel exclaims, running into the tent. "I don't know!" Daryl yells, helping pick up Adrian. "Get her to the house, now! " Hershel yells, him and Daryl break out into an almost-run, it's a little difficult when you're carrying dead weight. 

"ADRIAN!" Alyssa screams, bending over and sobbing into the ground. "Where the hell is Shane?!" Glenn asks, tears forming in his eyes. "Practicing shooting with Andrea! Shit!" Rick stomps his foot. Shane's car pulls up and him and Andrea step out of the car. His eyes land on Daryl and Hershel carrying a body, Alyssa on the ground sobbing, Rick looking around, trying to figure out what to do, and Glenn trying to hold in his tears.

"What the hell is going on?!" He yells, his heart pounding. 

"Adrian overdosed." Glenn whispers, Alyssa whimpers at his words. Shane feels his knees buckle and he leans up against the hood of the car for support. Rick runs over to him. "Oh my god..." Andrea whispers, covering her mouth.