Chapter 37- Vest

(TW!! Drug usage & perverted-ness!!)

We jump over a wall and manage to sneak into Woodbury once again, only to be found on the outside of a fight ring, crouched behind a dumpster.

We left Glenn and Michonne behind, Michonne is a target- Glenn is weak, and we trust her with him...slightly. 

My heart races as I aim the machine gun; The Governor has made Daryl and Merle fight to the death. 

There are people surrounding them, Walkers on leads- much like at the farm, and two brothers desperate to get out. 

I take a deep breath in and exhale slowly out. Everything moves in slow motion as I aim right above Daryl's head at the Walker behind him. My hands shake slightly as the bullet wound has gone numb; a piece of a shirt has been tied around it. 

The air is warm on my shirtless torso, my bra the only coverage I have on my upper body though I can feel sweat trickle down my temple. 

My hands jerk back as I shoot a Walker directly in the head, Maggie shoots at the people of Woodbury as they all panic and run away, screaming. 

Rick tosses a grenade out and Maggie and I continue firing, narrowly avoiding Daryl and Merle a few times. 

Bullets ricochet off of the metal walls, smoke fills my lungs and burns my eyes, people's screams make my ears ring. 

A man aims Daryl's crossbow directly at my head but before I manage to shoot him, Daryl punches him in the back of his skull, grabs his crossbow, and begins running. 

"Daryl!" I scream, desperately trying to get him to see us. 

He quickly turns to me and motions to his brother to run towards us, Merle complies easily.

Once they get behind the safety of the dumpster we book it to the streets inside the walls, gunshots are still being fired inside the walls. 

It feels a lot colder out here, less stuffy. I feel like I can actually breathe again. 

"They're all at the arena! This way!" Merle says, pointing to the east. 

"You're not goin' anywhere with us!" Rick orders. "You really wanna do this now?!" Merle yells, hiding behind a bus. 

He begins kicking at the walls, trying to take down a panel so we can easily crawl out. 

"C'mon man." Daryl urges. 

Merle grunts as the panel bends, leaving a gap for us to escape. I nod to Maggie to let her out first, covering her with my machine gun just in case. 

"Rick, come on. We've got to go." Daryl pleads to Rick. Once Maggie is out, I climb through, followed by Daryl and Rick. As soon as we escape from the confines of the walls of Woodbury, we see Merle beating a Walker with his metal arm- protecting his missing hand wound. 

"A little help would be nice!" He yells, more Walkers approaching him. 

I fire my pistol at a few before Merle stands up and yells, "We ain't got time for this!" Daryl agrees, "Let's go!" 

Nothing else needs to be said as we begin running through the abandoned streets, careful not to be seen or heard-minus a few gunshots. 

We run through the woods, sticks slamming into our faces as we make a run for it. Sticks and leaves crunch under us, a symbol of survival. 

The sun begins to rise, a full night has gone by while fighting at Woodbury. The air begins to warm as we zoom past Walkers, trees, and any potential threat.