Chapter 83- Concussion

(Shorter chapter!! Needed the backstory!!)

"No more!" Alyssa yells, handing me my medicine. 

I groan in pain as Alyssa's voice makes my brain shake, "Lower your fucking voice." 

"No! You need to deal with the consequences of your stupid actions!" She angrily hands me a glass of water. 

"Carol wasn't doin' it right, so I decided to." 

Alyssa groans irritatedly and flops on the couch next to me, my slouched body bouncing as she sits. I grunt, "Ow." 

"You're such a control freak! Just because someone is fighting someone and they're not doing what you would be doing, doesn't mean you have to jump into the fight! Like you've done the past week! You just got beat! You have two black eyes and a broken nose, Adrian!" 

I scoff painfully, "But that's the exact reason why I should join a fight." 

Alyssa rolls her eyes, "You would've been dead if you got hit on the ground one more time!" 

"Ow, stop yelling." 

She leans in, right next to my ear, "NO!" She screams. 

I scream in pain and cover my ears, "Fuck off!" 

Daryl comes quietly down the steps, actually being courteous of my concussion. "'s all the yellin'?"  

"Alyssa's bein' a fuckin' ass." I hiss, taking my medicine. 

Daryl scoffs and kisses me gently on the head, "Alyssa," He warns. 

Alyssa sighs and slouches into the chair, "Adrian, you're gonna get yourself killed." 

That's the goal.

I smile gently, "PBND, bitch. Now can we please stop talking? It hurts." 

Just then, Inejra comes inside. "'Lyss, Carl and Enid-" She stops when she sees Daryl, "Hi." She smiles a downturned smile and looks at her feet before looking back at Alyssa. "Carl and-uh-Carl and Enid want you." 

I squint my eyes because of the light from the windows and look at Inejra, her face is flushed and she's hiding a smile.

Oh my fucking god.

I have to bite my bottom lip to hide a smile, Alyssa notices it too and looks at me, hiding a smile too. 

"Coming." She replies, standing up. 

Inejra turns around to walk out of the door but steals a glance at Daryl before practically running out of the house. 

Daryl and I look at each other, "What was that?" He asks, genuinely confused. 

I chuckle, "Inejra's a little fond of you." 

Daryl thinks for a moment, "Huh. I'm like..." 

"20 years-" I groan in pain and put a hand on my head as my head throbs. "Older than her?" 

Daryl huffs confusedly before disregarding the conversation, "I'm gonna go work on my bike." His voice is soft enough to where it doesn't hurt my head too bad. 

He leans down and kisses me on the lips gently, "I'll be here." I groan, readjusting on the couch. 

He chuckles, "No more gettin' into fights, 'ight? This coulda' been really bad." 

I grunt quietly, "It already is. Close the curtains, 'Lyss opened them because she knows it hurts my head. Petty bitch." I mumble. 

Daryl chuckles and closes the curtains, dimming the room. "Plus, if I don't get into any more fights, what's the fun in life?"