Chapter 51- Charges

(TW!! Mentions of abuse, drug usage, and past prison charges!!)

Michonne wipes sweat off my temple as I'm lying on her legs in the car. I feel pressure release from my wound as Damien unwraps it to look at it. 

The wound is red and swollen, puss is coming out of the stitches. 

I groan and lay my head back down on Michonne's legs. "That's fucking disgusting," I mumble. 

"Yeah." Damien nods. "Yeah, it is." 

"Do you think she'll make it until the prison?" Daryl asks urgently from the driver's side seat.

"That depends." Damien looks at me. "How are you feeling?" 

"Like how the sick people must..." The realization hits me. 

What if Alyssa is sick? What if we're too busy focusing on me that we don't make it back in time?

"Just wrap it back up," I say, quickly. "We have to get back. 'Lyss could be sick." 

Damien's head shakes, "We can at least spare some-" 

"No!" I sit up quickly, grabbing onto the back of the seat to steady my spinning head. 

"No, we need those antibiotics. I'll be fine. Just put some hand sanitizer on it or something." I shiver at the thought of how bad that would hurt.

"Ow?" Damien winces. "Yeah, yeah. Wrap it back up." Damien huffs but before he can say anything, I chime in again. "You will have to pry my mouth open for me to take one of those antibiotics. Wrap. It. Up." My teeth grind against each other as I speak.

I can't deny that the aching pain is starting to get worse but I can manage until the prison, I always can. PBND.

"Damien, just wrap it up. We'll be-" Michonne's interrupted by Daryl grunting, 

"Fuck!" He slows the car to a stop and turns to all of us. "We've got two miles left on the tank." 

I groan, "We can never do something smoothly, can we?" I look around, "Well, we're in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere so..." 

Outside of the car windows are trees. Just trees. A few bushes lining the start of the woods and a few pieces of litter but that's about it- not to mention the Walkers here and there. 

"Think we can drive a little more and find something?" Tyreese asks from the passenger seat. 

Daryl shrugs, "I doubt it. By the looks of this map, there isn't another town for a few miles." 

I scoff, "Amazing. Top-notch."  

"So wha' do we do?" Damien asks. Daryl sighs and thinks for a moment, as does everyone else. 

"Well," Daryl starts. "I don' want Adrian on her feet. It'll make it worse so...Damien, you, Michonne, and Adrian can stay here. I'll take Tyreese and Bob." 

"Promise not to kill Bob?" I ask as Daryl gets out of the car. "Nope." He smirks, shutting the door. 

Damien climbs out of the car to allow Bob out of the back seat. 

"Promise not to die?" I ask, rolling down the window next to Michonne. 

"I should be asking you that." Daryl responds. I smile, "Whatever." I kiss him and roll up the window as he walks away. 

Michonne's eyes narrow at me as I reposition in the middle seat. I look around confusedly, "What?" 

"I knew you wanted a tattoo but...I never knew you had one."