Chapter 29- Gunman

"Oh shit." A man in the middle says. He has blonde hair and a thick blonde mustache; he's holding a weapon that I can't quite make out and he's holding onto the fence on the counter; keeping him in.

There's five of them. Two men are relatively tall and big- kind of scary, and the others are shorter, though one of them looks like he could do some damage. 

"Oh." I mumble. 

"Who the hell are you?" Daryl interrogates, inching closer to them with his crossbow still aimed up. "Who the hell are you?" One of the men repeats. 

"He's bleeding out. We gotta go back." Rick says through breathless pants. "Come here, put pressure on the knee," He tells Glenn as he runs over to help. "Hard, hard! Push, push!" Damien snorts, "That's what-" "Shut the fuck up." I say through gritted teeth, chuckling. 

"Why don't you come on out of there?" Daryl asks. Damien looks at Hershel then at me, "Should we help?" I look at both Maggie and Glenn who are putting pressure on the wound. "With what, emotional support?" 

The men slowly file out of the room, their eyes wide with surprise, fear, something at Hershel's bleeding out body on the ground. 

"What happened to him?" One of the men asks. He has shoulder-length, brown hair and a brown mustache. He's got a few tattoos and he's wearing an off-white wife-beater. 

"He got bit." Daryl answers. "Bit?" The man clarifies, reaching for something in his waistband. 

"Hey!" I take my bow and arrow off and aim it at the man. "Hand down, asshole." 

"Easy now." Daryl says. 

The man aims the gun at me, looking at Daryl. "Nobody needs to get hurt." He says, still aiming the crossbow at the man. The man quickly aims the gun at Daryl. 

At this point, all of the men have exited the room and Glenn quickly stands up, entering the room. "You have medical supplies?" He asks. 

"Woah where do you think you're going?" The tallest man asks. His prison jumpsuit's sleeves have been ripped off, his arms are muscled, and he towers over everybody. He's holding what looks like the stick of a broom.

Walkers begin to bang and snarl at the door, the door shaking slightly at the weight of all of the Walkers. 

"Who the hell are you people, anyway?" The first man asks, still aiming the gun at me. "Don't look like no rescue team." The man with the handlebar mustache says. "Put the fuckin' gun down and maybe we'll tell you." I spit, raising an eyebrow. 

"If a rescue team is what you're waiting for," Rick starts, lifting Hershel's upper body up so that he's in a sitting position. "Don't." 

Glenn comes out of the room with a metal cart, him, Rick, and Maggie grab Hershel. "One, two, three, go!" They all lift him onto the cart. 

"T, the door!" Rick orders. 

One of the men from the room says, "Are you crazy? Don't open that!" He's shorter than the man with the blonde handlebar mustache and the one with the gun- he's the smallest. 

"We got this." Rick sasses, pushing the cart towards the door. 

T-Dog opens the door and immediately kills an armed Walker. 

Rick begins to push the cart through the door, "Daryl! Adrian! Let's go!"

Daryl and I both slowly walk out of the room, never lowering our weapons until we're out of sight. 

We all begin running through the dark halls again, Hershel on the cart. 

After a few minutes, Rick skids to a stop. He points at shadows walking down the hallway. "Follow the flashlight." One of the shadows says.