CHAPTER 1

When Jade heard about Monster Mash, her first thought was that they were a group of dumb teenagers with little talent but a lot of marketing and hair spray behind them, nothing new.

She definitely did not expect six oversexualized guys, all with unreal bodies, clothes that seemed more appropriate for a Halloween party IF they were wearing something and, she had to admit, great voices.

But! A boyband was a boyband.

It didn't take more than abs and handsome faces to make an average girl fall in love, did it?

Well, Jade was not average, and she refused to pay attention to the invasive tastes of girls her age.

Because she was not stupid, nor did she fall easily for chiselled jawlines like many plastic or desperate girls...

Wow! Jade sounded like a horrible person even to her own ears!

Because yes, Jade could be very condescending when she was younger... Seventeen days ago.

Good thing she wasn't like that anymore!

And she thanked Monster Mash for that.

Oh the irony!

She used to be dark, Goth and rude... Now she was only dark and Goth.

Darkness and kindness are not at odds, right?

Being rude and being dark are two very different things.

And being intelligent was not the same as invalidating the tastes of others, or her own.

It didn't make her better, now she knew.

She had given up trying to always be the 'smartest and darkest' in the room to just be herself and enjoy life and music regardless of gender.

Monster Mash had changed her for the better.

At first, all she knew was that the boyband had the whole world crazy, and that they became known for their strong vocals, signature harmonies, and were ranked as the best vocal boy band in no time, but they also became the closest group to their fans and they openly respected the boybands that preceded them, be it Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, One Direction, Big Time Rush, CNCO, all of those. They were also not silent either when saying that they had been greatly inspired by BTS and that they admired their art and discipline, and they even started as a duet in favour of a good cause singing covers of Girlbands like Blackpink, Little Mix and even Fifth Harmony.

In Jade's eyes, this was nothing more than a publicity stunt, but after getting to know the boys better, she knew that all their words were sincere.

It seemed like yesterday when she fell in love and her life changed.

And to think that, at first, she hated them!

But the guys didn't make it easy when she heard them sing for the first time either.

The first song she heard was 'Call Me Your Monster' and the music video, which had not even been uploaded for twenty-four hours and already had eight million views, was quite the sight, she could not lie. The guys were all dressed as bikers, in colourful faux leather vests with no shirts nor sleeves because... Abs and biceps?

When the video was over, and the boys ended up in a ring of fire in a junkyard surrounded by drifting motorcyclists, the only thing that Jade asked herself was...

Who put six powerful voices, particularly similar to those of Zayn Malik, Adam Lambert, Alejandro Fernandez, Patrick Stump, John Cooper and David Phelps, together to sing this kind of misogynistic song?!