CHAPTER 35

Frank and Finn stayed silent for a moment before Frank let out a heavy sigh.

"Jesus, dude, that was weird," he ran his fingers through his hair.

"We'll worry later," Finn looked at his watch. "Now we have to get all the girls to the club. I just hope Alex and Draco have everything ready."

"And how are we going to get them? The Dean is Clyde and Jeyk's dad. I don't think he'll lend us school buses," Frank said.

"Why do we want buses if..."

"To take the girls!" Frank yelled matter-of-factly.

"But Frank," Finn insisted, "We don't need the..."

"Wait, Kevin is friends with Jeyk and Clyde!" Frank interrupted again.

"But why do we..."

"I think Kevin can help us," Frank said as he watched Kevin talking to Jeyk Hill outside the school over a cigarette. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and we need all the help we can get to win this battle against Sixth Octave."

"But Frank, the parking lot is full! The girls come to school by... Where are you going?!" Finn yelled as Frank trotted towards the entrance, approaching Kevin and Jeyk, who immediately turned to look at him.

"Hey, Frank," Kevin said, giving him a small smile.

"Hey Kevin, I see you're friends with Jeyk, right?"

"No," Jeyk stated flatly, taking a step back, lowering his head and adjusting his glasses. "We're just bandmates."

"Anton's not a nice leader, is he?" Frank asked, and Jeyk shrugged. "I see. Well, I just came by to say hi. I wanted to say that there are no hard feelings on our part."

"No problem, man," Kevin nodded.

"Hey, I was thinking, how about we help each other?" Frank wiggled his bushy eyebrows as if tempting the boys. "We are allies in this industry, and who knows! Maybe we can collab someday, right? One day you help me, and another day I help you, you know..."

"Sounds good, but we need to check with Anton," Jeyk said and then gestured toward the entrance. "C'mon Kevin, we must go back, or Anton will be angry."

Kevin gave Frank one last smile before following after Jeyk.

"Frank!" Finn yelled, running closer. "Frank! What did you do?"

"I offered help for help," Frank in a superhero pose with his hands on his waist and chest puffed out.

"But what for?!" Finn yelled. "The girls drive to school! They can drive to the club too!"

"Oh!" Frank dropped his shoulders and arms. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Because you interrupted me at every attempt!" Finn yelled.

"Right. I'm sorry, okay?" Frank sighed. "I thought that Kevin could be a key player in getting them all there."

"Well, he's not," Finn rolled his eyes. "Come on! We have to go. Let's go get the girls."

"Hey!" An obnoxious, screeching voice made Finn and Frank spin around. "Jeyk told me you want to collab, huh?"

“Oh, it was a misunderstanding but…"

"Shut up, Aquaman," Anton said, looking Frank square in the eye. "You think you have the talent, Robocop? To collab with us?"

"I'm have more talent in a bionic leg than you in your whole body," Frank snapped. "And I can show you whenever you want!"

"How about tomorrow night?" Anton took out his cell phone. "My dad is producing a talent show, The Idol Academy. You know the show, right?"

“Of course I know, match head!" Frank yelled, "I was on the show when I was twenty-two!"

"Well, I'll open the show with my friends, and I can tell dad that the show will be in collaboration with Monster Mash. He will be a judge, special guest for the final."

"Frank, I think…" Finn tried to speak but was interrupted.

"Come on! Let's collab then!"

"Perfect! So the world will be able to clearly distinguish between talent and good marketing on the same stage," Anton started typing on his phone. "Unless you're afraid?" He eyed Finn.

“We're not afraid!” Frank yelled. “Call your daddy and tell him that Monster Mash is going to collab with you!"

"I already did," Anton said, putting away his phone. "So, I think I'll see you guys later. Go well-groomed, suit and tie. It's a fine spectacle, not a cheap show. Rehearsal is tomorrow morning. I hope you know the show is filmed in Transyl Studios in Sydland, northwest Terdel County. See you there."

As Anton left, Frank's shoulders dropped and he looked down.

“I screwed up, didn’t I?” Frank turned to Finn.

“Zeth is going to kill you, Bro.” Was all Finn could say.

“Not if Anton does first," Kevin said, who was already in front of them, "Now tell me... You still think you don't need my help?"

"And how could you help us?" Finn asked and Kevin looked both ways and then leaned closer to whisper something.

"I'll see you at the club tonight, I heard you're going to 'Devil's Tango' so I'll tell you everything there," and then he turned around and left.