CHAPTER 33

"Your hair is the biggest atrocity I've ever seen!" exclaimed the pink-and-white-haired stylist. She was tall, wearing very high heels that seemed to be made of ice, and a crystalline pink dress. The woman was so beautiful that it almost hurt to look at her.

"Sis, can you do something about it?" Everett asked as the cameraman set up his equipment.

"Wait, are you Everett's sister?" Jade asked the girl. To tell the truth, the athletic woman's body, which surely had an abdomen of steel under her dress, made it a bit obvious that she was.

As if the two tusks protruding from her blue-lipsticked mouth and snow-white skin weren't enough.

"That's right, Laska Frostakov at your service. You must be the girl Everett mentioned on the phone, the one he likes," the girl said, apparently as honest as Everett.

"I find her pretty, petite, and fragile," Everett didn't seem to have a problem admitting that he liked Jade. "Wait. Where's Aspem?"

"Oh! You know our little brother," Laska said, rolling her eyes, "He's hungover, he said the party was intense and I had to open the salon by myself again. It's not like I need him much. He is always never here."

Everett looked at the pink-haired woman as if she had three heads. The way she had put everything into making that comment had disturbed his inner peace.

"I'm going to kick his ass," Everett said, snorting, "He's irresponsible! You and I built this out of nothing, so he would have something. I should never have left."

"Clients always ask when you'll be back to dying and cutting hair," Laska said, looking at her brother in the reflection of the mirror. The whole place looked very normal for a Yeti beauty salon, very white and clean, without a trace of ice or cold.

It was very minimalist too. But it was a bit of a small place, and it was hard to imagine two huge Yeti working here.

"Did Everett work here?" Jade asked, and Laska laughed out loud.

"He and I used to do miracles!" Laska ruffled Jade's hair. "My baby brother used to sing while he worked, so when I heard that Monster Mash, the duet not the band, were looking for more members, I told him that he had to audition!"

Jade couldn't believe her ears.

It was hard for her to imagine such a tall but stoic-looking young man singing in a salon.

Surely many women came to hear him sing. Jade would have done that. She would have dyed her hair rainbow to spend hours here listening to Everett sing!

But it wasn't just the voice; there was something about him. Something magnetic.

Jade couldn't understand the meaning behind it all.

"How much will it cost?" Jade finally asked Laska, who cocked her head. "I mean the haircut?" she tried again.

"I'll do it for free if Everett shows my salon logo on the video," the girl said.

"Haircut?" Everett asked, turning around from where he had been checking through the camera to get a shot with the operator. "I didn't bring you here for haircut."

"We're going to cut it," Laska ruffled Jade's hair again. "Change your hair colour, do your makeup, do your nails, give you a foot massage, pedicure, whatever it takes to make you look absolutely stunning and relaxed!"

"And you won't charge me anything?" Jade asked. "Don't be ridiculous! People pay tons of money for this kind of job!"

"You're being dramatic," Everett crossed his arms. "What's the deal we made?"