CHAPTER 13

Once Frank had changed into a green sleeveless shirt and black tie, he and Jade left the room. She was still shaking a little.

"I should call my friend," Jade said as she walked down a long hallway, pulling her cell phone out of the small pocket of her skirt. "I'll tell her I found her cat."

"Why don't you tell her to come over?" Frank asked.

"Bro, Zeth is going to be mad if we bring another girl here," Finn whispered, so low that Jade didn't hear him, but Frank's bionic hearing did register his words.

"Oh, thanks! But I am not sure if..." Jade said, looking around once she stepped out of the hallway. "Wow! This suite is gigantic!"

There was a small but complete kitchen to the right, all shiny silver. There was also a huge L-shaped sofa to the left, a dining area for six, and a balcony with an amazing view.

"Hey! I don't know who the decorator is but this definitely doesn't look like an old castle!" Jade jaw-dropped.

"It took a lot of money and time to make it look like this.” Frank said, “Zeth bought and remodelled the whole place, and it became quite popular since the Mashers knew that Monster Mash originated here in Hollow Woods. I had to move my entire family to a secret location after my house became a tourist attraction in fact, and the place where the auditions took place upstairs? It is a must see for the Mashers so..." Frank said with a shrug.

"It's more of a museum than a hotel, and it is owned by Zeth too," Finn said, gesturing for her to sit in one of the chairs in the small white and gold dining room. "Most of the population of Hollow Woods are foreign students, and many can stay here in case they can not afford staying in a dorm or in a frat house in campus grounds. Let's say Zeth rents rooms here at a reasonable price."

"And the students of the study program that Zeth pays for stay here for free," Frank said with a smile.

"Well, not here HERE. This room was made for us, Zeth calls it a Solar, but Suite sounds fancier," Finn explained, walking to the kitchen to get a couple of water bottles. "We never stay here for long anyway. We're going home at dawn."

"You guys live in Hollow Woods then?" Jade asked, and the boys nodded.

"We live near here, but not exactly in town," Finn opened his bottle. "But tonight we're staying here. Zeth says that it is better to do this in case some fan has followed us. We love all of our fans, but we don't want them to know where we live for obvious reasons."

"I won't say you guys are here, I promise," Jade said, deleting the message she was about to send.

"No problem anyway," Finn replied. "The people of this town protect us all the time. University students too. We've helped the infrastructure of this place grow, so the few who know we live near Hollow Woods usually deny they know us."

"We know almost everyone here," Frank said, then walked into the kitchen area to stand next to Finn, who offered him a bottle of water as well. "But we don't know you."

"Do you know my step-dad?" Jade asked while Finn drank desperately from the bottle and Frank cocked his head. "Do you know Henry..."

"Are you Henry's step-daughter?!" Finn yelled after choking on his water and showering Frank.

"Fuck! It's a small world!" Frank said, taking napkins to wipe his face. "Bro. The next time you get unexpected news, don't drink water!"

"So you know my stepfather?" Jade asked and Finn nodded.

"Yeah, I mean, not me because I'm not from Hollow Woods, but Frank... Long story." Finn seemed to want to change the subject quickly, "So, Zeth will surely bring you the documents you need to sign and I think afterward we can see if, I don't know, we can talk or something? Sleepover maybe?"